The Junior Accounts Payable is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable transactions for the responsible Division, in accordance with corporate’s accounting policies and procedures. This includes receiving, matching, and inputting all payables.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Junior Accounts Payable is responsible for all day-to-day processing of payables. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure receipt of approved purchase orders from the site superintendents, verify and date stamp purchase orders
- Match invoices with purchase orders
- Code and input invoices into the accounting system and prepare weekly cheque and EFT runs
- Review transactions for proper authorization, and accurately input key information pertaining to invoices into the accounting system
- Maintain accounts payable database, file and maintain all accounting documents, verification of vendor statements, and generate accounts payable reports as requested in assistance with month end close
- Research and respond to both internal and external customer requests, such as answering and dealing with all trade inquiries. Make sound decisions and provide effective solutions to situations while considering relevant input and impact in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Work with site superintendents and estimating to ensure paperwork is processed in a timely manner
- Prepare new vendor requests as needed
- Monitor WCB reports for vendor compliance
- Ensure new vendor forms are signed in an appropriately and timely manner, and distributed to the appropriate staff for completion and follow up
- Monitor compliance with Limits of Authority Policy
- Utility Payments
- Assist with monthly closings
- Assist with verifying the accuracy of the monthly closing cash receipt packages and scanning of same.
- Assist with recording of purchaser deposits and other vendor cheques received daily.
- Assist with reconciling credit card deposits received from Sales Offices and Inspiration Studio.
- Daily processing of outgoing mail.
- Month –End Reconciliation
- Assist with yearly Audits
- Assist with inventory reports.
- Perform other clerical duties as may be required including reception coverage
- Prepare hold lists
- Maintain Vendor detail reporting
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as requested
- Attend various department and interdepartmental meetings to obtain information for reporting and to provide information to other departments
- Assists in the regular cash flow and AP Accrual forecast work by providing monthly and quarterly expenditure estimates based on current and anticipated data input and cheque run timing
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Education Required
- The Junior Accounts Payable must have a minimum of 1-year experience with any accounting system and has initiative along with a propensity to learn and improve
- Ability to process a large volume of weekly payables
- Effective organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong phone oral skills and some office background would be a benefit
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all trades and suppliers
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and home builder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award-winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.
Brookfield Residential will ensure special accommodations are made for persons with disabilities, as requested, during the selection process. Accessible formats of this document available free upon request.