The Senior Marketing Manager will report directly Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Communications Alberta, this person for will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of marketing and operational strategies for new and sustaining communities and current home development projects across Calgary. Accountable for the development of annual marketing plans and specific community and home marketing campaigns that drive traffic and support our overall annual results. Directs the efforts of the marketing team and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization. This individual is extremely collaborative, has a passion for marketing real estate, willingness to innovate and develop a highly productive and driven team that is customer focused and ensures brand consistency at all touch points.
• The Senior Marketing Manager leads the management of the Marketing communications of the Residential (Home/Communities) business in Calgary (including advertising, promotions and Public relations), market research, sales management, product development, distribution channel management, pricing, and enhancing our customer experience pre purchase and post.
• Drive and be accountable for the annual strategic marketing plans and results for each Calgary Community and Home product.
• Lead teams to deliver fully integrated campaigns leveraging all marketing channels and new channels (non-traditional marketing)
• Accountable for annual budget and per project spending.
• Collaborate with builder partners to reach results through aligned marketing and sales initiatives.
• Manage and lead agency relationships.
• Responsible for coordinating marketing research aimed at providing insights to drive business decisions.
• Responsible for measuring success of individual campaigns and overall marketing results quarterly.
• Collaborate with key divisional partners in Homes and Communities to support internal and external approval processes.
• Ensure alignment between marketing and sales for communities and homes and with internal and external builder partners.
• Lead integration of Brookfield’s Customer Experience philosophy and strategy throughout the customer journey and in key touch points.
• Collaborate with Sr. Communications Manager to ensure fully integrated strategies to support business objectives.
• Ensure points of differentiation and competitive advantages are translated to advertising messages and point of sale interactions.
• Lead the Homes and Communities marketing team, contractors and agencies partners.
• Support the development of the marketing team and ensure alignment to overall marketing, divisional, and company objectives.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Analytical tasks, such as pricing and competition/market research,
• Creative tasks such as designing advertising and promotions,
• Interpersonal tasks such as coordinating many different styles of thinking in a single team.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or promotions (or relevant communications, business, public relations and media experience) or equivalent;
• 10+ years of experience in marketing and community development with a strong understanding of the land development process;
• Previous experience in Home Building, Real Estate marketing;
• Previous management or leadership experience;
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a natural curiosity and drive for new challenges;
• A positive people leader who strives for team performance and motivates team and maintains a highly engaged team;
• Desire to drive through behavior – exemplifies Brookfield Values and leads through collaboration
• Strong professional work ethic together with strategic, financial and people management skills;
• Previous knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts;
• Committed to excellent client service-for both internal and external customers; and,
• Ability to travel to Edmonton or other North American cities for conferences and Marketing meetings.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on corporate values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Based in Alberta, Brookfield Residential is an award-winning developer and home builder; with affiliated operations in Ontario and select markets in the USA; specializing in Master-Planned residential communities, residential home building and commercial development.
Since 1958, we have developed over 80 communities in Alberta, and are proud to have been named to Canada’s Top Employers. We are driven by our values of Passion, Integrity and Community.
Visit our website at www.Livebrookfield.com to learn more.