To ensure that the highest quality product is produced by scheduling all tradesmen appropriately, supervising and promptly addressing any issues that might occur during the construction process. Completing inspections with local Municipal officials, and Pre Delivery Inspections with Purchasers. Giving the highest level of attention to monitoring the safety regulations and having a clean safe work environment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS include but not limited to:
- Responsible for new home completion from drywall stage to closing. Supervision of construction activity for each home on a daily basis, ensuring all customization's ordered by the purchaser is complete.
- Ensure compliance with Brookfield Homes’ Health and Safety Policy at all times on the job site. Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times ensuring that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Coordinate all required inspections per each home with the local Building Inspectors confirming that the houses are being constructed within the Ontario Builders Code (OBC). Ensure all final inspections are complete, and we receive an Occupancy Certificate from the local Municipality, prior to closing of each home.
- Coordinate and complete Pre Delivery Inspections with Purchasers, completing the required Tarion documents for closing. Organize completion of all items noted on the Pre Delivery Inspection.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Education Required
- Minimum 3 years construction experience in all aspects of construction (e.g. labour, handyman/service non administrative)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Knowledge in reading and understanding working drawings
- Experience in ordering, scheduling, and quality control for residential new home construction
- Safety Training Certified (e.g. Basics of Supervision, First Aid, Fall Arrest, Natural Gas, Propane, WHMIS)
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and home builder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.
Brookfield Residential will ensure special accommodations are made for persons with disabilities, as requested, during the selection process. Accessible formats of this document available free upon request.