Leasing Manager, Commercial Real Estate
As a member of the Calgary Commercial team, the Leasing Manager, Commercial Real Estate will Report directly to the Director of Commercial Operations. The Leasing Manager, Commercial Real Estate, will perform negotiation, analysis, valuation and execution of commercial lease transactions; with priority given to retail leasing then office leasing.
- Work with the Director of Commercial Operations to develop leasing strategies and tactics, with input from our brokerage team.
- Develop a robust pipeline of brokerage, tenant representatives, and tenant contacts.
- Analyze and negotiate offers to lease and lease documents.
- Prepare financial projections, and build and refine development models.
- Manage pro-formas, analysis of lease deals against budget, and cost controls.
- Maintaining positive relationships and articulating the project vision with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain relationships with external resources and regulators.
- Collaborate with the brokerage community, legal counsel, and Calgary Commercial Team to structure transactions, manage negotiation processes from initial inquiry through lease execution, and manage development approvals
- Works to achieve major goals contributing to the success of long-term projects
- Build and develop relationships within the Canadian commercial real estate community.
- Manage transactions from initial marketing and leasing process with brokerage team to lease administration and tenant occupancy.
- Subject matter expert who presents to and influences both internal and external stakeholders on the strategic vision of the project.
- Input and collaboration with the Commercial Design and Development Team to ensure leasing deals are aligned with the project’s strategic vision.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A degree from a post-secondary institution in commerce and/or urban planning. Diploma may be considered.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in analysis and valuation of commercial real estate projects.
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate commercial leases.
- Experience with design and development of commercial projects is an asset.
- An aptitude and passion for the commercial real estate industry, project management and cost control.
- Proven commitment to continuous learning is required.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- Flex-spending account
- Work-life balance
- RRSP matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on corporate values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Visit our website at www.Livebrookfield.com to learn more.