The Sales Representative works in coordination with the PSR or ASM and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Home Store. The Sales Representative is responsible for providing exceptional sales and customer service while demonstrating respect and professionalism to existing and prospective customers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; assisting with the overall sales process (including asking for the business and offer process), maintaining administrative duties, ability to provide product knowledge and company information to customers, a clear understanding of how to build relationships with prospects and external stakeholders (Realtors /Mortgage Brokers). The Sales Rep will receive training and mentorship from the Area Sales Manager (ASM).
Hours of Work:
This is a full time role, working 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week).
Sales Centre Hours:
Monday to Thursday from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM,
Friday to Sunday and holidays from 12:00 PM to 5:00PM.
The Sales Representative is required to arrive 15 minutes prior to sales centre opening time, to ensure that the sales centre is ready to the public for a punctual start. The Sales Representative is responsible to lock the sales centre and set alarms at the end of the day.
- Assist with the overall sales process
- Work with prospects/visitors to show homes, to generate leads, asking for the business and close a sale
- Ensure product, market, process, site knowledge, etc. is extensive and up-to-date – must be well-versed in all these areas
- Assisting in ensuring signage are in correct and proper locations for prospects to easily find us.
- Ensure Home Stores and Show Homes are maintained and presented in the most professional manner; ready for business
- Assist ASM with managing and continually developing a pipeline of referrals/prospects by building/maintaining strong relationships with key industry professionals: Realtors, brokers, any others that may be identified
- Greeting customers and providing them with information and great service.
- Provide ongoing service and assistance to customers throughout the sales and closing (even beyond) process.
- Review emails/voicemails and respond accordingly.
- Do a (pre) pre-occupancy inspection of each home to ensure correct colors, appliances, and upgrades have been installed.
- Call and schedule visit with new home-owners to complete the Post-possession visit
Competitive Analysis and Industry Knowledge
- Develop and communicate a thorough and ongoing understanding of competitors’ offerings both in the new home and resale markets, through regular comprehensive competitive shops and analysis of competitor’s plans, specifications, and pricing and overall product offerings
- Ensure marketing material and information is accurate and up-to-date, especially price sheets – providing correct and pertinent information to prospects
- Responsible for the collection and maintenance of all traffic monitoring programs and methodologies.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-2 years of customer service and sales experience
- Clear understanding of sales process in any industry
- Residential homes sales or equivalent a definite asset
- Administrative experience is an asset
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Completion of PHBI classes are an asset.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits and flex-spending account
- RRSP matching
- Work-life balance
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Rewarding career and development opportunities
- Leadership Development and Mentorship Program
- Volunteer opportunities and charitable donation matching
- A culture based on corporate values of passion, integrity, and community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.