Reporting into UX Manager Joel Goldberg, the Senior UI Designer will be expected to drive, define, and oversee the visual presentation of our brand for our digital products. You will work closely with the internal UX team, and collaborate with design partners, with the marketing and technology departments, and directly with customers, to create digital experiences that are modern, beautiful, and highly usable.
The ideal fit for this role is a talented and passionate visual communicator and creative thinker who has experience designing and sharing concepts, implementing marketing strategies, and developing large and complex interactive design solutions. You should have a thorough understanding of modern user interface design trends and best practices.
As part of our technology and UX team, you'll find a collaborative environment, where the voice of the customer, as determined through user experience research, informs product roadmaps and design decisions.
Your Key Deliverables
Research, Discovery, and Analysis
- Participate in design and discovery workshops.
- Observe facilitated usability studies
- Review results of usability studies, surveys, and website analytics, providing insights and observations with team members.
- Lead the design team in the production of digital products that meet business goals, align with brand standards, and meet accessibility guidelines.
- Review prioritized product and customer requirements.
- Work with the UX team on the ideation of wireframes.
- Produce detailed design mock-ups.
- Create interactive prototypes to illustrate intended functionality.
- Define and document interaction behaviors.
- Refine, expand, and own our digital design system.
- Working closely with marketing and digital technology leadership, architects and engineers to ensure designs and workflows are correctly built, tested and deployed into the product.
- Act as the primary design representative during product development, participating in the QA process to ensure the end-product meets its intended design and is of the highest quality.
- Contribute to a program plan of schedules, specifications, and resources for design aspects of a product.
- Apply a holistic view to our suite of digital products, looking to create a strategic, unified, and consistent design vision.
- Assist in the creation of presentation decks.
- Communicate design strategy to various stakeholders.
- Assist in the effective visual communication of various UX documents, such as user personas and journey maps.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders:
- With leadership to understand and support the overall performance, customer satisfaction and customer value model with digital products.
- With Market Research to guide interface design.
- With other UX Designers and collaboratively with multiple internal partners to understand business and customer needs.
- With DEVOPS teams to translate those needs into brilliantly constructed and efficient products.
- With product management and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of UI designs.
- With business analysts and developers, coaching them in designing great user experiences.
- A portfolio of exceptional and multidisciplinary work.
- 5+ years’ experience as a UI Designer in a creative department of an agency, design shop, or digital firm.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering Visual Design, UX Design, HCI, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated success in producing digital products, including experience working directly with engineering and QA teams on complex informational products or services.
- Experience in mobile design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical eye and strong attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Strong conceptualization and communication skills.
- High-level skill with the following technologies and software: Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Miro, Principle (or similar)
- If you are hired, we will require that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated
Nice to Haves
- Experience with motion design
- Experience with visual branding
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Experience designing for consumer facing websites, mobile, and other digital technologies.
- UX Certification (such as a basic or masterly level certification from Nielsen Norman Group).
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.