The Real Estate Analyst is responsible for market research, financial modeling, and data analysis pertaining to the Austin home building and community development business group. Working with the Division President and Executive Leadership teams, the Real Estate Analyst will be exposed to all aspects of the residential development and homebuilding business across the region.
The Real Estate Analyst is expected to complete and report on specialized projects as well as operate in a team environment. Team operations typically include valuation and acquisition due diligence exercises, market reviews/studies, as well as researching new business initiatives and new business segments.
Your Key Deliverables
- Work with the Vice President of Housing, Vice President of Sales and Marketing and other members of the Housing group to provide real estate analysis, market research and internal reporting.
- Prepare divisional and market analysis for presentation to Corporate leadership.
- Conducts financial analysis of development and investment opportunities, including the creation of detailed pro-forma and financial models on a community level; actively maintain the models to ensure they’re accurate and up to date.
- Assist in annual business plan process, including creation of Discounted Cash Flows for project pro formas, and communication of key metrics and financial indicators to management.
- Gather, compile, investigate, and analyze market data to aid in the evaluation of business objectives as well as identify potential investment opportunities
- Analyze financial information from various sources to forecast business, industry and economic conditions
- Assist in the due diligence on acquisitions under contract, and develop documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Establishes critical timelines and deadlines for tasks and activities related to the projects on hand.
- Assist in the engagement of consultants by drafting Request for Proposals/Qualifications
- Assist with preparation of project approvals materials for management
- Experience in financial modeling, what-if scenarios, rolling forecasts and budgeting
- Assist with due diligence analysis and capital expenditure project management
- Work with the Accounting/Finance team to help produce quarterly and annual reports
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Advanced Excel Knowledge – including, but not limited to: Vlookups, logical tests and algorithms, pivot tables, conditional formatting and the ability to convey data by using graphs
- Strong Financial Analysis Skills – including the ability to understand, read, interpret and analyze financial statements
- Strong quantitative background, CPA/CFA Preferred
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret and summarize various types of real estate documents, including leases, contracts and financial statements
- Strong time management and organization/attention to detail skills
- Previous experience in Real Estate preferred
- Highest level of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Four year degree with preferred major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Real Estate, or other business-related field.
- Experience underwriting ground-up development projects beneficial but not required.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial analysis
Experience with Microsoft Project a plus.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.