Reporting to the Project Manager, the Superintendent coordinates and is responsible for all site construction activities. This position will supervise all field personnel (i.e. staff and subcontractors), as required, to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality of workmanship, while administrating good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
*This position is located at our Kissing Tree property in San Marcos, TX.*
Your Key Deliverables
- Control all aspects of construction for homes, from excavation to certificate of occupancy. This includes: review the project plans, specifications, all drawings, site plans and engineering drawings prior to commencement of construction; scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Supervise construction activity for each home on a daily basis, ensuring home is built per buyer’s contract. Update and maintain construction schedules on a daily basis, ensuring all stages of construction are completed within their deadlines.
- Coordinate labor force on site. Includes scheduling and coordinating all trades, subcontractors, suppliers, and utilities for each home. Ensure all on site trades and subcontractors comply with all Building Codes at all times.
- Coordinate all required inspections for each home (i.e. Building Department, Engineers, Region, ESA, etc.). Ensure all inspections are complete, and receive an Occupancy Certificate from the local Municipality, prior to the closing of each home.
- Ensure compliance with Brookfield Homes’ Health and Safety Policy at all times on the job site. Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times ensuring that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety legislation are enforced.
- Invoice approval, on a weekly basis, of work completed, so that payment can be issued.
- Attend various homeowner meetings and manage customer service/warranty period in the community.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Site Superintendent / Assistant Superintendent on commercial, residential, or industrial building construction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in reading and understanding working drawings.
- Experience in ordering, scheduling, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Nice to Haves
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Construction software experience preferred.
- Professional business demeanor, ability to multi-task, good organizational skills and attention to detail required
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.