As a motivated and highly organized individual, the Sr. Business Analyst for California Customer Care is responsible for creating and maintaining all reporting related to self-insured retention (SIR) amounts for various insurance policies. In addition, this role will be responsible for California Customer Care report optimization and generation. This position requires the ability build the necessary reporting for ongoing tracking of self-insured retention from multiple data sources. This is a business role requiring strong technical skills, attention to detail and problem solving acumen. The Sr. Business Analyst will ensure accuracy in the data presented, optimize the data gathering and reporting function, and generate management and analytical reporting. In addition, the Sr. Business Analyst will respond to insurance company requests.
Areas of Responsibility
- Proven ability to create and update reporting from existing data sources.
- Track, monitor and report all dollars applied to various insurance policies in line with business rules and policy SIR thresholds across multiple business units.
- Assess accuracy of information through exception reporting and auditing of data.
- Create automated reporting solutions and management dashboards for SIR tracking. Information is currently fragmented and from several different sources.
- Ability to create data exception reporting to ensure data integrity.
- Review and analyze claim submissions and the supporting documentation for accuracy.
- Analyze and interpret trends and patterns and create management dashboards that present information in actionable format.
- Perform analysis by policy, project and lot to ensure accuracy of cumulative SIR amounts.
- Communicate as needed with insurance carriers, trace contractors and other departments.
- Optimize existing California Customer Care reporting which includes weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting.
- Create management dashboards within California Customer Care SharePoint site.
- Co-create and maintain quarterly staffing forecasts for California Customer Care based upon activity reports.
California Customer Care
- Cross train with Builder Coordinator of the department to ensure coverage for task.
- Act as a SharePoint administrator as needed.
- Assist in various projects for process improvements of the department.
- Periodic review and completion of CCC BHIP submissions to the insurance committee.
- Finance, accounting or business related 4-year college degree required
- 3-5 years of experience needed
- Demonstrates a high proficiency in using various applications including:
- Report Development (Power BI, SQL, Tableau)
- Excel (power pivots, macros)
- MS Office Suite
- SharePoint Administration
- Excellent analytical, technical, and organizational skills required
- Experience reading, writing and running SQL queries is required
- Attention to detail and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Data Analytics Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of insurance terminology a plus
- This position is located in the Costa Mesa office and requires collaboration with the team members within Costa Mesa office as well as other Brookfield offices across North America.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.