As a member of the Edmonton Office, the Receptionist is the first point of contact for our clients and vendors, and is responsible for coordinating the flow of incoming calls, and ensuring that the needs of our internal and external customers are being met through superior customer service.
Your Key Deliverables
- Overseeing front reception and monitoring the flow of walk in customers, greeting clients and offering refreshments;
- Operating multi-line telephone and directing client inquiries;
- Checking reception mailbox daily and redirecting messages;
- Assisting staff with queries, arranging courier, and catering.
- Processing incoming & outgoing mail & maintaining sufficient postage;
- Ordering of sundry items for office;
- Maintaining boardroom and meeting room bookings;
- Help coordinate setup of new employees (name plate, keys, supplies, etc…).
- Sharing responsibility for emptying dishwasher in the morning, fill during the day, and run through as necessary, breakfast program items put out in the morning, replenished during the day and put away at night;
- Setup of meeting rooms and training areas, includes setup of tables and chairs, meal delivery, set up of IT equipment, and cleanup daily;
- Keeping all common areas tidy (all meeting rooms, copy room, lunchroom, patio)
- Assisting other departments as required
- 1-2 years of experience working in a front reception or administrative position;
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work efficiently within a team environment;
- Must be responsible, well organized, focused on customer service, a self-starter, and have a high attention to detail.
Nice to Haves
- Grade 12 diploma, supplemented with administrative courses/training is an asset
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.