The Project Engineer will have regular and effective communication and coordination involving many project participants. Primary job responsibilities will be related to plan processing, construction permitting, scheduling, budgeting and feasibility analysis for residential projects throughout Northern California.
Your Key Deliverables
- Manage assigned land development construction activities to control costs, schedule, and workmanship.
- Interface with project team members and consultants to track and implement plan changes.
- Confirm that sub-contractors are utilizing the latest project plan sets and facilitate distribution of revised plans accordingly.
- Assist with various aspects of land development in subdivisions, including finish lots, parks and open spaces by scheduling and monitoring subcontractors.
- Coordinate and supervise work on various projects and locations on a daily basis
- Oversee neighborhood development with various contractors at various stages of work to meet our work schedule
- Assist with construction of parks, green belts and open spaces
- Coordinate and schedule subdivision acceptance with required municipality and the homeowners associations.
- Prepare request for proposal for punch list work and send to contractors
- Review bids with Land Department
- Oversee punch list work, repairs and changes Attend weekly engineering update meeting Attend bi-weekly construction update meeting
- Monitor and work with environmental inspectors
- Interface with utility companies and governmental agencies to ensure work is in compliance with all permits and regulations.
- Facilitate governmental release of permits and bonds.
- Assist with bid documents, reviews and contracting.
- Review sub-contractor requests for extra work to determine validity of request and approve costs and/or changes in schedule if deemed a valid request.
- Attend weekly project team meetings and document meeting notes.
- Prepare and maintain complete and accurate daily records of project activities.
- Ensure that sub-contractors are in compliance with Brookfield and Occupational Safety and Health Association regulations.
- Ensure project compliance with the general construction permit and project specific Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Maintain personal certifications regarding Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan compliance and project safety.
- Interface with Brookfield team members to maintain the flow of information to support land development and housing construction schedules.
- 2-3 years of Land Development experience
- Exposure to project budgeting, scheduling and vendor contracts
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively alone or on teams
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong Reasoning and Analytical Skills
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, particularly Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills are sought
- Ability to set up meetings and coordinate stakeholder schedules
- Experience with master planned communities especially in Bay Area
- High degree of motivation follow through and accountability
- Able to work with time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a focused attitude
- Willing to commute to project sites, consultant offices and public agency headquarters regularly
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.