We have an opening for a Junior Accountant. This is a temporary, full time position.
Reporting to Christine Palmer, this role is responsible for day-to-day accounting and analysis of accounts for Edmonton Corporate. The position also provides ongoing support to the operational accountants with Accounts Receivable and other sales related transactions.
Your Key Deliverables
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the following:
- Preparing day-to-day accounting activities for Edmonton Corporate including:
- Reviewing of General Ledger for accurate GL Coding
- Preparing journal entries
- Preparing / Reviewing intercompany entries
- Preparing sundry accounts receivable invoices
- Ensuring adherence to budget and expenditures are recorded in accordance with accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation of month end working papers
- Preparation of quarter end working papers including:
- Quarter end Edmonton Corporate Binder
- Variance analysis
- Responsible for providing information (financial and process, written and verbal) to internal compliance and external auditors for testing
- General support as required in all areas related to accounting, finance and operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred along with a limited period of (1 - 2 years) relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles and computerized accounting systems.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment.
Nice to Haves
- The Junior Accountant should be working towards a recognized accounting designation.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.