Reporting to the Senior Director of Land Development you will support the Development Managers with all development related activities associated with land development. Your role will be including, but not limited to, planning, design, entitlement, permitting, value engineering, construction and disposition. The Field Manager will aid the Development Managers by providing support to the team. This responsibility includes attending meetings, scheduling and tracking various projects in multiple phases of the project, coordinating with outside consultants and contractors throughout the project and reviewing and analyzing costs to ensure projects stay on time and on budget.
- Interface with Brookfield Team Members to maintain the flow of information to support land development and housing construction schedules
- Coordinates Land Development construction to ensure conformance with project budgets, schedules and workmanship
- Review requests for contract change orders as to validity and cost.
- Ensure overall project compliance with the General Construction Permit and project specific SWPPP requirements
- Ensure that Sub-contractors are in compliance with Brookfield and OSHA Safety regulations
- Interface with Brookfield Team Members, Consultants, Sub-contractors and Agency Representatives to resolve unanticipated field related problems.
- Confirm that Sub-contractors are utilizing the latest project plan sets and facilitate distribution of revised plans accordingly
- Hold weekly project team meetings.
- Prepare certain Construction Bid Packages including compilation and confirmation of bid quantities, scope of work, special conditions, invitation to bid, hold pre-bid meetings, issue bid addendums and bid notices, spread bids and make recommendation to award.
- Assist Land Development Project Manager(s) in solicitation and approval of required field consultant proposals
- Identify and pre-qualify new Land Development Sub-contractors to better maintain competitive bidding
- Report on project budget and schedule status monthly
- Attend certain training classes and obtain certifications regarding SWPPP, Dust Control and Traffic/Trench Safety requirements.
- Ensure timely project close out and agency acceptance.
- 5 years’ experience in the Land Development or related field.
- High School degree required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex land development projects.
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to think critically.
- Extremely organized and able to handle multiple projects and assignments.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Project is preferred.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• 401K - matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentor-ship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.