Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. Our students thrive because they are challenged and known.
What is the School Operations Manager Role?
As the Operations Manager, you will be an essential part of the Operations Team, which works to ensure operational excellence in support of great teaching at Brooke High School and Brooke's Eighth Grade Academy. The Operations Manager will run essential programs, such as enrollment, nutrition, after school, transportation, and family communication. The role is fast-paced and will provide opportunities to build rewarding relationships with students, teachers, and families.
● Co-manage the nutrition program with the Director of Operations, ensuring adherence to state
guidelines with regards to nutrition and food safety and oversee implementation of the school’s snack program in classrooms
● Oversee uniform sales and maintain positive relationships with uniform vendors
● Oversee student transportation and shuttle services
● Coordinate field trips and grade level events
● Coordinate space reservation and usage between Brooke High School, Brooke’s Eighth Grade Academy,
and the larger community
● Conduct budget tracking for school departments and grade levels
● Brainstorm and implement ideas to enhance school culture and beautification
● Help design, implement, and run arrival and dismissal procedures
● Workroom management & management of building supplies/inventory
● Oversee daily operations for the building in the absence of the Director of Operations
Other such duties commensurate with the employee's position may be requested from time to time.
Is This You?
- You have earned a bachelor's degree and have at least two years of teaching or school-based experience.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues.
- After experience in a fast-paced work environment, you are able to manage multiple priorities in an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented manner.
- You believe that great teaching is the leading indicator of student success and are willing to go above and beyond in support of Brooke teachers and students.
- Spanish proficiency or fluency preferred.
- You are able to start in July 2021.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Those who join our team with 2 years of previous experience (our minimum requirement) earn salaries of approximately $45-50k.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.