Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the School Operations Manager Role?
As the Operations Manager, you will be an essential part of the Operations Team, which works to ensure operational excellence in support of great teaching. The Operations Manager will run essential programs, such as enrollment, nutrition, after school, transportation, and family communication. The role is fast-paced and will provide opportunities to build rewarding relationships with students, teachers, and families.
- Co-manage the nutrition program with the campus Director of Operations: ensure that meal service follows school nutrition policies; ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines related to nutrition and food safety
- Manage relationship with food vendors: order snack and meals; ensure vendors are adhering to nutrition policies; work with vendors to minimize waste and increase participation in meals program
- Support campus Director of Operations in managing student transportation services: collaborate with families and with Boston Public Schools to address school bus issues and to ensure smooth and regular operation of buses; maintain and ensure proper distribution of MBTA passes
- Coordinate enrollment for all newly admitted students and obtain all required documentation for students
- Coordinate field trips in collaboration with teachers: arrange for field trip transportation and meals; assist with collection and disbursement of field trip payments
- Assist with the management of the front office, including answering phones and greeting parents and visitors (from 7:15am to 5:15pm)
- Manage the after school program: oversee registration and maintain database of eligible students; manage billing and enforce payment schedules; assist with daily student sign-in and sign-out
- Other such duties as the Director of Operations may from time to time request commensurate with the employee’s position
Is This You?
- You have earned a bachelor's degree and have at least two years of teaching or school-based experience.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues.
- After experience in a fast-paced work environment, you are able to manage multiple priorities in an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented manner.
- You believe that great teaching is the leading indicator of student success and are willing to go above and beyond in support of Brooke teachers and students.
- Spanish proficiency or fluency preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Those who join our team with 2 years of previous experience (our minimum requirement) earn salaries of approximately $45-50k.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.