We’re making it easier than ever for media owners, agencies and brands to harness the power of out-of-home and connect with audiences across the globe. Lighting up airports, shopping malls, health clinics, transit systems and more, our platform powers messaging at the heart of people’s lives. We believe in a world where digital and real-life experiences collide. Where campaigns drive growth, build excitement and prompt innovation. Where digital interactions inspire conversations and connect communities. Where bold creativity inspires bright ideas. Do you share this vision? If so, check out our open positions.
We’re looking for an Automation Developer with a strong sense of ownership who understands the critical function of the cloud infrastructure of a software company and in a devOps environment. As an important liaison between the different engineering and product teams, your curiosity and ability to accomplish goals with limited supervision will help you succeed in this role.
Your day to day will vary but your mission is simple:
As a Broadsign Automation Developer, you’ll work with the engineering team on the continuous integration and deployment while also partnering up with the product development team to design, build and maintain company cloud infrastructure. You will also be responsible to respond to day to day service requests, designing disaster recovery solutions and maintain compliance with audit requirements.
If this role speaks to you, you’re someone who has:
- Help streamline processes and automate tasks
- Engineer availability, reliability and performance into our products and services
- Instrument and monitor service health
- Manage and secure our cloud-based infrastructures (AWS and Azure)
- Diagnose and fix issues in cloud applications. Escalate to engineering when necessary
- Incident response (on-call) and root cause analysis
- Implement and manage access control and security services
- Collaborate with developers and POs to continuously improve our platform (Performance, Reliability and Availability )
- Respond to day to day service requests
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Design, implement, maintain and test backup and disaster recovery solutions for various products and assets
- Build and support automation tools to assist different product development teams
- Document product infrastructure, processes and tools
What is crucial in this role?
- Experience working with a major cloud provider (with a strong preference for AWS)
- Experience in scripting with Python, Bash and PowerShell
- A deep appreciation for Linux (Ubuntu)
- Experience in Linux system and network administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, NewRelic or similar
- Understand the SLI, SLO and error budgets
- Data analysis approach to solving problems
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, etc.)
- Experience with source control management tools (Git)
- Experience installing, configuring, managing and troubleshooting wide range of servers, mainly PostgreSQL, Envoy, Apache, Nginx, DNS/Bind, Postfix and GlusterFS
- Experience with containers and container orchestrators is an assets (Docker and Kubernetes)
- A curious nature – you’re often thinking outside the box
- Strong sense of ownership, self-drive, creativity and innovation
- Fast learner and self-driven to accomplish goals with limited supervision
But, more importantly, you’re the kind of person who:
- Loves to see a project through from beginning to end
- Enjoys challenging themselves and constantly learning about new tech
- Likes to have your ideas heard and contributions recognized
- Wants access to continuous learning and career development by attending sponsored conferences & seminars with your peers
- Wants to benefit from perks such as competitive insurance package (3 weeks vacation, yearly wellness allowance, etc), RRSP plan, tons of fun company events (tubing, BBQs, go-karting, health & diversity week, etc.), paid time off during the holidays and a healthy work/life balance
- Likes to dress casually
Does this sound like you? If it does, we definitely want to hear from you!