Join Bright Network as our Sales Development Representative
Introducing Bright Network
At Bright Network, we connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides members with the advice, insights and tools they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies - ensuring the next generation finds the future they deserve and businesses identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
We help 250+ leading employers such as KPMG, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey & Company reach and recruit a diverse and inclusive pool of high-calibre talent to inspire and empower the next generation … and that’s where you come in!
As we grow and scale, we’re looking for a budding Sales Development Representative to join our Commercial Team.
More about the opportunity
As a Sales Development Representative at Bright Network, you will be responsible for ensuring our Business Development Managers are connecting and meeting with relevant decision-makers and key stakeholders within HR & early career recruitment at our target clients.
You’ll do this through a combination of converting inbound leads and outbound prospecting – aiming to expand our reach and ultimately contribute to our long-term business growth. This role is ideal for someone who is keen to hit the ground running with their business development career.
This is a brand new role for the business, where you will have the opportunity to shape your development as both you and the company grow. You’ll have full support at every step of your Bright Network journey.
Specifically, you will :
- Utilise your creativity and autonomy to take ownership of the initial stages of lead engagement - ensuring we begin positive conversations with all new business customers
- Systematically reach out to potential new clients via calls, emails and LinkedIn to introduce them to our products and services – acting as the front line service for our new clients
- Respond to all our inbound inquiries. Qualify meaningful leads and diarise meetings for New Business Team
- Collaborate closely with the wider Marketing and New Business Team to establish an outbound account penetration plan, including target companies and sector specific content
- Become a subject matter expert and evangelist of our expansive offerings
- Ensure Salesforce data is up-to-date at all times to ensure efficient prospect tracking
- Manage BDM’s Prospect Pipelines and report on lead generation targets
- Regularly feedback on systems and processes to improve the effectiveness of our business development operations
- As you gain experience, you will have an increasing part to play in the business development cycle and closing deals
Does this sound like you?
- You will ideally have some pior sales experience (e.g. sales, business development, recruitment, etc.) and be passionate about building a career in business development as part of a scaling business.
- You pride yourself on your excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – you can confidently build rapport with those around you.
- You’re a self-starter who is full of drive and determination, as well as the energy and resilience to bounce back.
- You’re keen to work as part of a collaborative business development team, where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from those around you – but you’re also confident operating independently.
- You feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insight’s and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.
We can offer you :
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding) .
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!).
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working.
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Share options after 1 year’s service.
- Regular team socials (virtual and face-to-face) and the annual full team off-site.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street with remote-working flexibility
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20-30 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 45-60 minute interview with our Business Development Director
- 2nd round : 60 minute values & culture interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!