With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Sr Software Engineer (Backend) holds the lead developer responsibilities to design, develop, test and maintain front-end applications for BrightInsight Products. This role requires broad software engineering experience to build end-to-end application with full stack design in mind.
Team member will work using Agile practices. You will Lead other developers and work closely with designers to take wireframes from conception to implementation and work closely with back-end developers to ensure implemented UI code is unit tested and production-code ready.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop new Java/Python based micro-services on BrightInsight Platform.
- Software design and implementation on cloud-based platform.
- Understand, design and participate in architecture of end-to-end products including services, mobile and web applications.
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
- Collaborate with software and systems engineering to transform software-based medical devices requirements into formally documented detailed design, and development stories.
- Implement services with pre-defined BrightInsight Software frameworks and base guidelines.
- Collaborate with the test team for software verification.
- Lead and participate in design workshops to facilitate and articulating modelling and architecture principles.
- Lead a team of software engineers from nearshore and offshore partners.
- Review others work (code, design) and provide guidance for a consistent implementation.
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of software solutions.
- Support troubleshooting issues with services and perform data profiling/analytics activities.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields.
- 5-8 years of experience as software engineer.
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process.
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/or Python programming.
- 2+ years of experience working in micro-services in cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working in CI/CD Pipelines.
- Experience with GRPC and REST.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Knowledge of metadata model-driven software system and object-oriented software design.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities.
- Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus.
- Experience in working with HL7 FHIR standard and API is a plus.
- Experience with Software FMEA process is a plus.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.