With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to ttransform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
Reporting into the Platform team, the UI Architect is part of a group of key technical leaders driving the vision for the BrightInsight UI Platform. This involves designing and supporting the delivery of UI framework improvements, including the UI infrastructure and components (building blocks) used by all feature teams to build the BrightInsight product. This team’s mission is to build the most robust, high performing, accessible and user-friendly framework that maximizes the efficiency of teams throughout Product & Technology (P&T). If you enjoy being at the forefront of cross-team initiatives, evangelizing the latest technologies & best practices, and driving change at scale, we would love to hear from you!
- The UI Architect will partner with other architects and technology decision-makers to guide overall direction of the user interface layer of the site and will work closely with Technical Leads, Application Architects, Software Developers and Management in a highly collaborative environment
- Guide the evolution of a large, complex application used by hundreds of thousands of users daily
- Design the migration from legacy implementations into cutting edge modern technologies and practices
- Engage with system architects/product team to comprehend functional challenges, prototype new ideas, and new technologies, and help to create innovative solutions
- Mentor UI engineers, which may include performing code reviews
- Collaborate with Product Management, UI/UX team, and UI Team
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Hands on experience in multiple UI frameworks like React, Angular 2, legacy Microsoft frameworks (MVC, etc)
- Knowledge of CI/CD, especially ADO pipelines
- Understanding of design strategies for effectively leveraging CDNs
- A strong understanding of approaches and techniques to optimize web performance
- Should be able to solve and guide UI teams on UI performance issues
- Working experience in Agile based software development environment
- Help to hire to grow and maintain a world-class front-end engineering team