With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Contracts Manager is a key role at BrightInsight and will work with the Chief Legal Officer to develop, negotiate and update contracts for the digital healthcare space. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with experience in negotiating agreements and running the contracts process who wants to leverage and expand their skillset. This role includes supporting BrightInsight’s insurance and corporate functions. The company’s business involves developing software development, SaaS licensing, data privacy, and regulated software as a medical device (SaMDs), serving pharmaceutical and medtech companies, and is a unique opportunity to be part of a highly successful and fast-growing start-up at the intersection of healthcare and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Independently review, edit, and negotiate contracts such as NDAs, vendor agreements, software development terms, SOWs, change orders, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact to triage contract requests and facilitate legal review.
- Track contracts through the negotiation process, get everything signed and filed, and calendar important dates.
- Summarize contract terms and develop comparative materials.
- Take on initiatives and special projects to improve corporate processes and accelerate contract throughput, manage insurance coverage and risk, and prepare for corporate lifecycle events.
- Support, coordinate, and manage due diligence efforts for corporate financings, sales activities (including RFPs), insurance audits, etc.
- Develop negotiation playbooks, identifying acceptable fallbacks and approvals needed.
- Help to draft and implement company policies and procedures.
- Confirm compliance of subcontractor agreements with the associated prime agreement.
- Manage activities to set up and maintain international subsidiaries.
- Interface with Finance, Operations, Sales, the technical team and other key stakeholders.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in contract management.
- Bachelor’s degree related field.
- A proven understanding and experience working with applicable legal principles.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple contractual issues simultaneously.
- Have a commitment to meeting all deadlines on time.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Focused on getting things done, taking tasks big and small,
- Uphold corporate and ethical standards while defending our intellectual property.
- Extremely organized.
- Excellent attention to detail.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.