With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to ttransform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Digital Health Platform Architect will be responsible for the design, architecture, and roadmap of the Flex Digital Health platform. You will work closely with the product, development, data science, and operations team to deliver, maintain, and evolve the platform.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Ability to operate at the intersection of strategy, operations, external customer and internal organization
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Architect cloud-based platform intended for the healthcare industry, with special attention to medical device regulation, data privacy compliance, and mission-critical reliability
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices (IaaS, PaaS, distributed systems, microservice architecture, serverless architecture, NoSQL, etc.) to the design of the platform
- Collaborate with developers, leadership and other architects to bring strategic technical vision into reality
- Responsible for technical requirements, architecture diagrams, and test strategies of the platform
- Work closely with customers’ technical team on platform adoption, implementation, and monitoring
- Research, onboarding, and contract negotiations of appropriate technology tools and services
- Provide business proposal support and inputs for existing and new business.
- Support appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- 2+ years of similar work experience in the digital health industry
- Experience providing technical leadership (architect, senior team lead, engineering manager)
- Experience building cloud-based platforms with high throughput and large amount of data processing and storage
- Experience with relational and non-relational database (HBase, Kafka, Cassandra, SOLR, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools and process
- Experience building large-scale systems with availability and performance SLAs
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- Experience with translating user and product requirements to technical requirements
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience building cloud-based IoT platforms
- Familiarity with Medical Device development regulations
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulations
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.