Do you want to be part of the Digital Health revolution that’s changing the face of healthcare? Do you enjoy working with high performers in a fast-paced and agile environment? Then come join us at BrightInsight. Backed by top tech and healthcare VC's, BrightInsight provides the leading global regulated digital health platform for biopharma and medtech. We are a start-up comprised of highly experienced and driven individuals from medtech and biopharma with a mission of making digital health innovation easy for our customers. Our medical-grade IoT platform is built under a Quality Management System to support and optimize regulated drugs, devices and software through integrated data and actionable insights. Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018 we have secured the world's top biopharma companies as customers including Novo Nordisk and Roche, were selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, included in CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019" and were awarded “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences” by the world’s leading tech titan. If you are passionate about transforming healthcare and want to make a meaningful impact on patient’s lives, then come be a part of the leading Digital Health start-up in Silicon Valley.
The Insights & Analytics Lead / Sr. Analyst will be a hybrid role, responsible for driving BrightInsight’s actionable insights for customers. We’re looking for a data expert, skilled at exploratory data analysis, with the ability to wrangle data in SQL, identify things that don’t pass the “sniff test,” do exploratory data analysis & develop dashboards providing actionable insights in Tableau, and improve the data model upstream to make it so there’s more useful data for reporting and analytics purposes. The Lead will help define and serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to guide both clean data warehouse design & modeling and reporting layer creation (SQL & statistics), and drive meaningful, value-add dashboard creation to provide actionable insights to customers in Tableau.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and is:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- A disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenaciously committed to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity about technology
- Flexible and willing to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Partner with various stakeholders (eg. product, engineering team, and external partners) to create a data model, data warehouse, reporting, analytics, and inform a data science/ML solution roadmap and identify key requirements.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify outliers and ensure our data used for reporting and analytics is clean and usable, and help our partners troubleshoot data issues.
- Build reports in Tableau, prototypes, and POCs for customer demos and provide implementation requirements.
- Partner with a cross functional team to develop, implement, and monitor the production-scale Tableau dashboards and ML/AI algorithms on the platform.
- Provide design input specifications, requirements, and guidance to the engineering team for building a robust data pipeline, data warehouse of cleaned data and deploying and optimizing analytics products.
- Lead analytics initiatives (dashboard design & ad hoc analyses) to support customer project delivery and drive insights for the customers from the data captured on the platform
- Support the business development and marketing process and stay up-to-date on actionable insights / effective dashboard development and advanced analytics best practices.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Bachelors, or MS or Ph.D (preferred) degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including expertise in dashboards, reporting, & analytics
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of Tableau dashboard development experience
- 3+ years or analytics experience using R, Python, or SAS
- Proven track record of analyzing large-scale complex data sets and turning them into actionable insights (millions, billions + number of rows)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience in data model development, and enterprise-wide data warehouse transformation initiatives is a strong plus.
- Customer interaction experience is a strong plus.
- Data Science / ML / Predictive Analytics Experience is a strong plus.
- Healthcare industry experience & FDA approval process expertise is a strong plus.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.