Senior Software Engineer II (Mobile)
With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Senior Software Engineer II (Mobile) holds the lead developer responsibilities to design, develop, test and maintain mobile applications, libraries and modules for BrightInsight Products. This role requires broad software engineering experience to build end-to-end application with full stack design in mind.
Team member will work using Agile practices. You will Lead other mobile developers while significantly contributing to the application design and development.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Take ownership of existing and new Android and iOS mobile applications, modules and SDKs and lead/build their evolution and support.
- Lead the development of new Android and iOS mobile applications for medical devices and non-medical device applications, libraries and SDKs.
- Support automation testing teams for implementing a holistic strategy for automated unit testing and automated regression testing of all mobile applications and modules.
- Lead a team of software engineers from nearshore and offshore partners.
- Collaborate with software and systems engineering to transform software-based medical devices requirements into formally documented detailed design, and development stories.
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
- Understand, design and participate in architecture of end-to-end products including services, mobile and web applications
- Review others work (code, design) and provide guidance for a consistent implementation.
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of software solutions
- Support troubleshooting issues with mobile applications.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- 7+ years of experience as software engineer
- 5+ years of Android native development experience (Android Studio with Java or Kotlin) and/or iOS native development experience (XCode with Objective-C or Swift)
- Experience with cross-platform mobile application development framework is a plus, for e.g., Flutter.
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process and design patterns.
- Experience with iOS and Android automation test framework, for e.g., Appium.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and deploying iOS and Android apps
- Strong understanding of OOP and OOD
- Proven experience of building integrations with APIs using technical interface specifications.
- Knowledge of packaging mobile application in libraries or modules or apps for distribution.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Relational and non-relational database design skills.
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills in order to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities
- Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology
- Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus
- Experience with Software FMEA process is a plus
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.