With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
Under the general direction of the Information Security Director, the GRC Manager will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of the Information Security Threat Management posture of BrightInsight related to our current and future hardware, software, and network systems. This position will have a strong focus on data security, application security, and threat management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of Governance, Risk, and Compliance programs
- Manage Security and Privacy Certifications
- Manage audit and assessment calendar
- Scheduling audit and assessments
- Scheduling and managing Security Tabletops and DR/BCP tests
- Vendor Management:
- Partner with business stakeholders to support vendor risk assessments
- act as a liaison and coordinate efforts between IT, Cybersecurity, Business functions and others
- Lead assessment of vendors, identify risk, develop remediation plans and partner with internal stakeholders to manage responsibility.
- Develop and maintain vendor risk reporting tool
- Perform vendor risk questionnaire refinement and scoring for effective program performance
- Analyze, update, and modify procedures and process to identify and continuously implement vendor risk management process improvements
- Audit Management
- Corrective and Preventive Action and Root Cause Analysis management
- Collect and track all evidence required for Security and Privacy certifications and audits
- Certification and Regulation mapping
- Analyze and stay current with regulations that impact information security and privacy programs
- Risk Management
- Manage the Information Security Risk Registry
- Lead Risk Assessments, developing remediation plans and partner with internal stakeholders to manage responsibility
- Information Security Exception Management
- Develop security policy procedures, standards, and guidelines aligned to industry best practice
- Lead and mature the security awareness and phishing program
- Work closely with key team players, such as Architects, Delivery, Developers, and DevOps
- Support the optimization of a cyber-metrics program
- Provide expertise to determine security requirements by evaluating best practices; researching security standards/tools; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; identify integration issues
- Enhance current security team competence by improving architecture techniques, recommending improved processes
- Identify inadequate security designs in systems and offering alternatives
- Align security programs to industry standard frameworks
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Three or more years performing Security Audits, such as for compliance and certification of ISO 27001, HITRUST, NIST, Internal Audits, etc
- Three or more years in Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Certifications recognized: CISSP, CISA, CGRC, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, other relevant industry-recognized certifications
- Demonstrated experience
- Performing Security and Privacy audits
- Technical and policy writing
- Securing and monitoring cloud environments
- Implementing policies and procedures for compliance and audits
- Threat Modeling (STRIDE, Trike, P.A.S.T.A.)
- Demonstrated understanding of
- Security, Privacy, and IT Regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, GLBA, etc
- Privacy and GRC (Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance)
- Medical Device Cybersecurity
- Industry standards and best practices associated with Risk Management methodology
- Frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT, NIST, ISO, etc
- Ability to
- Troubleshooting effectively
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Analyze large amounts of data
- Communicate and develop interpersonal relationships
- Build consensus and depict complex presentations
- Explain intricate technical detail to non-technical individuals
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.