BrightInsight is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company on a mission to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for biopharma and medtech companies. Our vision is to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of technology to healthcare.
BrightInsight provides the leading global regulated digital health platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies. Since our launch in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with Roche, AstraZeneca, CSL Behring, and Novo Nordisk.
We are a passionate team with first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space, and we are backed by top healthcare and technology VCs.
To read more on our award-winning BrightInsight Platform see https://brightinsight.com/careers.
What we’re looking for…
As the Director, Strategy and Operations at BrightInsight, you’ll be responsible for driving the next stage of growth of the organization by applying analytical problem-solving techniques to critical business challenges. We are at a pivotal point in our journey as we graduate from incubation and are now focusing on scale and growth in order to deliver on our ambitious platform-based customer solutions.
You’ll lead strategic initiatives impacting delivery of our products and services by establishing and refining best practices for managing daily business operations. You’ll take a holistic perspective across the organization to identify cross functional dependencies, by developing integral partnerships with members of the Leadership Team in every area of our business. You will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing new initiatives, processes and models that enable each function and therefore the entire organization to scale and grow. To successfully execute, you’ll bring your expertise in systems-level problem solving to every solution we create.
A Strategy and Operations role at BrightInsight will be the connecting fabric and catalyst for improvement across the entire BrightInsight organization.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with senior leadership to identify cross functional gaps and serve as the thought leader to bridge those gaps across the functions
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives across BrightInsight spanning areas including: Product Development, Operations, Regulatory, Privacy, Security, Quality, Legal, Finance, HR and Corporate
- Develop strategies to define new operating models and then build them out
- Own and manage key operational processes to ensure that BrightInsight can effectively deliver core products and services
- Drive efforts to define and apply best operating practices across the organization
- Support operationalization of new business model and services
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of work experience in strategy and operations but with a focus on execution of the most strategic initiatives related to business and operations
- Expert grasp of applying a structured, analytical problem-solving approach to a diverse set of applications
- Uncanny ability to quickly distill clarity from ambiguity, whether defining a path forward or explaining a new concept
- Masterful data collection and analysis skills to inform decisions, and the ability to discern the best way to communicate the results to many audiences
- Expertise applying systems-thinking in a variety of applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead through both influence and authority with a variety of stakeholders at all levels (customers, partners, executives, direct reports)
- Cross-functional credibility to lead teams, both technical and business oriented
- Systems-thinking perspective
- Insatiable curiosity and a passion to learn
- Startup experience and attitude (roll up your sleeves)
Additional things we’d like you to have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering)
- Graduate degree in business (MBA) or related applicable field
- SaMD, Digital Healthcare or Medical Device experience
- Management consulting or similar internal consulting experience
- Product development and commercial operations experience
- Familiarity with lean principles and Agile software development
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.