With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to ttransform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Data Architect will be responsible for translating the business and user needs into detailed data requirements, and to define overall database structure, data models, and right technology stack that fits the needs of BrightInsight Platform and customer applications. You will work closely with platform architects, product and engineering team, privacy, quality, security team.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Ability to operate at the intersection of strategy, operations, external customer and internal organization
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead various stake holders (eg. analytics, product, and engineering team) to identify key data analytics features, and translate the business requirements into core technical data requirements.
- Work with engineering team to develop and deliver the solution, and validate the solution meets the requirements.
- Design the end-to-end data flow, data pipeline that consists of extracting or streaming data from connected medical IOT devices or other source systems, database structure, detailed data models and schemas, data integration strategy and approaches, and database optimization
- Work with data engineers and data analysts to develop the POC and/or future releases for the data management solution and dashboard/analytics features
- Work with security/privacy lead to define data privacy and security requirements, develop and implement the necessary technologies and policy/procedures to ensure Digital Health solutions stay compliant to regulatory requirements and related standards and frameworks (such as HITRUST, ISO, NIST, SOC-II, etc.)
- Develop the overall strategy and roadmap for designing and applying open architecture and data standards to drive interoperability for Digital Health solution
- Analyze the data architecture and technologies to make sure they are in line with industry best practices but also with any external regulations and data standards.
- Lead the data quality management, establish data governance. Work with QA and engineering team to develop and implement quality measures, methodology, and procedures for testing and cleaning/correcting data quality defects.
- Provide clear documentation on the data requirements, data architecture, database design, data definitions, data audits, technology stack, data security, roadmap and development plan, etc.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, operational research, or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in data architecture design, data modeling, data quality, and big data cloud data platform solution design
- Experience in both designing ETL/ELT for batch processing as well as data streaming architectures for real time or near real time data ingestion and processing.
- Hands-on experience in two or more database technologies in both traditional RDBMS (such as Oracle, Teradata, PostgreSQL, etc.) and noSQL database and Object Storage (HBASE, HIVE, Cassandra, MongoDB, BigTable, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Minimal 2 years of hands-on experience in designing data analytic solutions using big data technologies, such as Kafka, Flume, Redis, Apache Storm; Apache Spark, HBASE, HIVE, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with public cloud, eg. AWS, GCP and Azure
- Strong understanding of Dashboard/BI and Data visualization tools (Tableau or equivalents)
- Experience in data privacy and data security related regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA, FDA cybersecurity for medical devices, and related security framework (such as ISO, NIST, HITRUST, SOC II)
- Experience in health care industry and knowledge and experience in various data standards in health care (such as HL7, c-CDA, FHIR, etc.) for interoperability if preferred
- Data science experience (data engineering, predictive analytics and machine learning, business analytics) is a plus
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.