Job Description: Director, Program Management
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 2 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
About the role:
You will be responsible for leading a team of cross functional experts in the delivery of customer focused Digital Health solutions and support the development and launch of Digital Health Products. Additionally, you will actively contribute to continuously improving our project management capabilities, including starting, leading and participating in process improvements initiatives.
We are looking for a versatile, experienced leader who can play (and thrive) leading Project Management delivery roles for long term Product Roadmaps with key customers.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
As Director, Program Management:
- Work closely with internal and customer stakeholders to establish project plans to meet customer needs (including timeline, funding requirements, product classification, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of program)
- Be main point of contact throughout the project and ensure any potential conflicts are swiftly and successfully resolved for all involved parties to meet high level of customer satisfaction
- Monitor and track the project and program deliverables using agile principles. Organize, plan and direct program schedules, milestones, risks, assumptions, decisions and budgets.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of integrated project plans encompassing all cross-functional activities (Human Factors, Software Development, Hardware dependences, Business Development, Regulatory, etc.).
- Understand the products and participate in ensuring that product need meets end customer requirements
- Co-create and support Project Management process improvement initiatives.
Here is some of what you’ll need…
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- Master degree in business, healthcare, technology or related industry
- Proven track record of delivering and launching medical devices or GxP systems, digital health experience is a plus
- Proven track record of managing multicultural, remote project teams
- Proven track record of working with agile methodologies and principles
- Solid knowledge around ISO13485, EU MDR, 21CFR 820.30 and other relevant standards
- Experience working in environments with complex stakeholder environments and ability to successfully negotiate solutions in these
- Experience with product / capabilities roadmaps
- Expertise in leading cross-functional, cross-geography teams within a matrix organization
- PMP or other project management certification preferred
- Fluent English knowledge
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech/Management Consulting
- Experience in a start-up
- Occasional travel to the USA and up to 20% travel to European locations
- As a part of geographically distributed delivery team off-hours conference calls are common
We are looking for someone who demonstrates…
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Ability to operate at the intersection of strategy, operations, external customer and internal
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement