With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Vice President of US Pharma Delivery has the overall responsibility for the successful implementation of our US Pharma customer projects on the BrightInsight Platform. You will work closely with BrightInsight's Engineering, Sales, Legal, Product teams and other internal stakeholders, while regularly interacting with our customers, who are the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies. In addition, you will be the main partner to business development and marketing to understand customer requirements and define the most effective method to approach new opportunities. This is both a hands-on role and a leadership role. You will be interacting with customers and working on specific projects deliverables, while at the same time providing leadership and management to the rest of the US delivery team (Technical Product Managers, Software Architects, Systems Engineers, Program Managers, Verification Engineers, etc).
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Fast learner
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Hire, lead, and manage the solutions delivery team consisting of Product Managers, Solution Architects, Systems Engineer Leads, Program Managers, Verification Leads, and Quality Engineers.
- Define, implement, and continue to optimize the best strategy for fulfilling the development capabilities in order to successfully deliver meaningful outcomes to our customers.
- Collaborate closely with Delivery leadership team and platform team to ensure a high quality, compliant, and reliable customer project execution.
- Coach, lead, and complete efforts in capturing customer needs, structuring projects; defining user journeys and user stories, business and technical requirements, and new product features.
- Work with Delivery functional managers to ensure customer needs are addressed, manage resources, and drive issue resolutions.
- Apply or establish controls and measurements to deliver these cross-functional projects, across the project lifecycle, at scale.
- Partner with multiple clients, operate with tight deadlines, and have the awareness to reset priorities as needed. You are naturally accountable and responsible.
- Be an advocate for BrightInsight’s value propositions and technical capabilities with current and potential customers.
- Be a consultative partner with excellent balance of business and technical competence to help inform, influence and establish a successful path forward.
- Make decisions and recommendations backed by data, evidence and good judgment.
- Have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technologies to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 10+ years of leadership in a professional services or consulting experience, delivering software products for Pharma customers
- 5+ years of applied experience in management, development, release, and maintenance of software-based regulated medical devices
- 5+ years of direct management experience of an Engineering and/or technical team, including program managers, product managers and/or engineers
- Experience with regulated technology delivery in the pharma or medical devices industry
- Experience in technical product management, software development or implementation
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with cloud-based software platforms (SaaS)
- Experience with human-centered design and Agile development methodologies, in a regulated environment
- Experience bringing new software products to market
- BS/BA Degree; advanced degree preferred
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Strong organizational, leadership, communications (written and verbal), problem solving, critical thinking skills
Experience with connected devices (i.e. IOT devices, wearables, sensors, etc.)