With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies. We are headquartered in San Francisco with an office in London and employees throughout Europe, and are rapidly expanding our company to serve our European clients
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Role: The Director, Learning and Development, Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) is a new role within the organization focused on building out a learning and development function for the entire execution focused arm of the organization (about 50%+ of the organization). We are a Software as a Medical Device company and we are looking to build a strong L&D organization focused on educating and training our program, product and technical team members on how to effectively build a software medical device product including all the regulatory, design and documentation required for a submission to an regulatory body such as the FDA. Understanding of Medical Device Development processes, software development, and regulatory requirements will help one be successful in this role.
In true start-up fashion, you will be responsible for building training content, delivering the training, measuring effectiveness AND building up the entire Learning and Development function. Therefore, we are looking for a high functioning individual who wants ownership but spends the early days building being both a player doing the work and being a coach building out the function. The ideal candidate is one who thrives in ambiguity and has the drive to work cross functionally to shape and build this function
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Ability to operate at the intersection of strategy, operations, external customer and internal organization
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Build the L&D function from the ground up- define all processes, procedures, frameworks and templates to deliver an effective L&D experience to the organization
- Develop a framework for tracking effectiveness of trainings in all formats (self-learning, instructor led learning, supplemental materials, interactive learnings)
- Design comprehensive training programs using different learning mediums (self-learning, instructor led learning, supplemental materials, interactive learnings) to drive desired outcomes
- Partner with content SMEs in the organization to design and deliver training content
- Deliver and facilitate these training programs by developing the agenda, supervise faculty and delegate participation, and manage conflict
- Demonstrates a high level of experience and comfort interacting with all levels of employees from multi-cultural backgrounds
- Build effective relationships with departmental leaders across functions and geographies
- Influence individuals within the organization to partner with you on content development and delivery
Here is some of what you’ll need …
- 8-10 years of experience; 7+ years Learning and Development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, technology or related industry
- Experience in instructional design
- Understanding of the medical device product development process
- Experience in healthcare related industries; digital health experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to prioritize across multiple project streams
- Experience in a start-up preferred
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills
- Familiarity with distance/mobile learning concepts and Learning Management Systems
- Proven course development and instructional design skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with an inclusive mindset and drive for results
- Proven project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once and manage stakeholder expectations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Employee discounts at local retailers
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.