With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
As a Solution Architect, will bring best practices of the architecture and design of different mobile, web, and web services solutions leveraging the BrightInsight platform.
The BrightInsight platform is a medical IoT, cloud-based platform for the life science industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment. BrightInsight products include industry-specific solutions, indication-specific therapies, and capabilities for business users, providers, and patients.
As a member of the Product team, you will work closely with development, data science, and delivery teams to design, maintain, and evolve a portfolio of products. You will also support our project delivery teams and advise them on how to use the products in customer applications.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead architecture, design, development, implementation, and testing of modular software components and products usable in multiple customer projects with varying use cases
- Work closely with Product and Project teams on requirements gathering and design for the software components and products useable in multiple customer projects with varying use cases
- Responsible for technical requirements, architecture diagrams, and test strategies of the solutions
- Design and architect these modular software components and products (mobile, web, and web services) leveraging BrightInsight Platform APIs
- Leads software engineering team including nearshore and offshore partners
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices (MVC, MVVM, etc.) to the design of software solutions
- Evangelize and consult internal (software architects) and external (BrightInsight customers) stakeholders on the best design pattern of leveraging the BrightInsight Platform
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 3+ years of working with external or internal customers to implement digital solutions
- Experience providing technical leadership (software architect, software team lead, engineering manager)
- Experience building software applications/solutions with cloud-based backend
- Experience building solutions utilizing large-scale systems with availability and performance SLAs
- Experience with translating user and product requirements to technical requirements
- Experience leading nearshore and/or offshore development partners
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.