BrightInsight is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company on a mission to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for biopharma and medtech companies. Our vision is to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of technology to healthcare.
BrightInsight provides the leading global regulated digital health platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies. Since our launch in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with Roche, AstraZeneca, CSL Behring, and Novo Nordisk.
We are a passionate team with first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space, and we are backed by top healthcare and technology VCs.
To read more on our award-winning BrightInsight Platform see https://brightinsight.com/careers.
About the Role:
We are looking for a founding Senior Sales Engineer to join as a core technical leader on our Commercial team. This role will understand, shape, and articulate customer technical requirements, design innovative solutions using the BrightInsight platform architecture, and support all technical aspects of the sales process, including definition of the professional services delivery engagements’ scope, requirements, and cost estimates. As a founding member of the team, this individual will play a pivotal role in shaping best practices to inform our approach to Sales Engineering as an organization.
- Demonstrate customer focus and work consultatively to build creative solutions that deliver value to both sides
- Understand technical topics and business implications, and can communicate clearly with both technical and business stakeholders
- Be curious and driven to learn and grow
- Share BrightInsight’s vision to use technology to transform healthcare
- Collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
What You’ll Accomplish:
As a founding member of the Sales Engineering team, your role is to partner with Account Executives and act as a technical lead to support the SaaS platform sales process end-to-end:
- Engage customer stakeholders to uncover strategic priorities and product plans, identify potential use cases, and understand their tech stack and unique technical requirements
- Apply your understanding of the customer tech stack to design innovative solutions that leverage BrightInsight’s platform to address customer technical requirements
- Demonstrate expertise and evangelize the technical, regulatory, security, and data privacy capabilities of the BrightInsight Platform to the customer
- Strong understanding and ability to communicate BrightInsight’s regulated agile software development process, including compliance to IEC 62304 and security by design
- Own all technical aspects of sales process, including answering technical questions, conducting product demonstrations, building technical parts of proposal documentation, and scoping the technical work to be done as part of delivery engagements
- Support the Account Executives in completing technical, regulatory, security, and data privacy assessments from potential customers
- Develop relationships across complex customer stakeholder landscapes, building a reputation as a trusted technical advisor
- Collaborate with Project Delivery, Product, and Platform teams to ensure successful transition and implementation, stay abreast of emerging customer needs, and guide Product roadmap
What We’re Looking For:
- Enterprise software experience: 5-10 years of experience in enterprise software, working in one of the following roles: sales engineer, technical pre-sales, solution consultant
- Technical fluency: Ability to examine, interpret, and articulate complex technical information to technical and executive audiences. Applied experience working with one or more of the following technology stack/components: public cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, or Azure) with its managed services, APIs, microservices architecture, native iOS development, native Android development, and web app
- Medical device experience: Experience working with regulated medical devices and familiarity with requirements related to ISO 13485, ISO/IEC 63204
- Healthcare security and data privacy experience: Experience working with healthcare products or software systems with requirements related to HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, and GDPR
- Customer focus: Passion to understand customer needs and create solutions that delight, specifically experience with regulated digital health use cases in Pharma and/or Medtech industry
- Problem solving ability: Able to apply a structured, analytical problem-solving approach and distill clarity from ambiguity to design innovative solutions that meet customer needs
- Interpersonal skills: Able to craft a compelling story and effectively communicate vision and value of BrightInsight to a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Business judgment: Able to prioritize and focus on the most important opportunities in an environment with competing demands
- Bias to action: Desire to take ownership and drive work product to completion
- Attention to detail: Able to pay careful attention to deliverables to minimize avoidable errors
- Startup experience and attitude: Get energy from rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Insatiable curiosity: Able to ramp up quickly in role and succeed in a rapidly evolving environment
What We Value:
At our core, we value partnership. We are strategic partners to our customers, and we partner together every day to achieve our vision of transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
- Passion about transforming care and patient outcomes
- Accountability to one another, our valued customers and our mission-critical projects
- Respect for one another, our customers and the data that we manage
- Trust in each other and display integrity in everything we do
- Nimble and agile in our work, but without short cuts
- Excellence in the products we deliver and people we hire
- Real world impact – we aim to positively impact healthcare globally by executing every day on our mission of accelerating digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Full time position with competitive compensation structure
- Full range of medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Other benefits, e.g., One Medical, Headspace
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.