With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Technical Product Director will be based in San Jose, CA, or remote. The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based medical IoT platform for the life sciences industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
As a Technical Product Director, you are responsible for the success of launching and managing a product portfolio built on the BrightInsight Platform. BrightInsight portfolio products include industry-specific solutions, indication-specific therapies, and capabilities for business users, providers, and patients.
You will work closely with customers, fellow Product Managers, Designers, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Legal and other internal stakeholders to define, design, develop, and manage one or more products used by our partners or customers.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Fast learner
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Coach, lead, and complete efforts in capturing customer needs, defining user journeys, user stories, business and technical requirements; designing new product features for highly regulated software medical solutions (mobile, web, and web services)
- Stay ahead of industry trends and apply new technologies to create new solutions
- Translate user requirements/needs into lower level system/software requirements
- Collaborate closely with Software Architects, System Engineers and Designers to define great experiences and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across all areas of the organization
- Manage multiple efforts, operate with tight deadlines, and have the awareness to reset priorities as needed. You are naturally accountable and responsible
- Evangelize BrightInsight’s value propositions and technical capabilities with current and potential customers
- Make decisions and recommendations backed by data, evidence and good judgment
- Ensure continued alignment with high level product roadmap
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 10+ years of leadership in product management and/or software products experience
- 5+ years of applied experience in development, release, and maintenance of software-based medical devices
- 5+ years of working with external or internal customers to define, capture, collaborate, and document product requirement
- Have led and/or managed product teams (product managers, software engineers, designers)
- Experience with regulated technology delivery in the pharma or medical devices industry
- Experience working with FDA design control requirements (21 CFR 820.30) as applied to medical device software and medical device regulations including ISO 13485, ISO 14971, Cybersecurity, IEC 62366, and IEC 62304
- Experience in technical product management, software development or implementation
- Experience with cloud-based software platforms (SaaS or PaaS), such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with human-centered design and Agile development methodologies
- Experience bringing new software products to market
- Strong organizational, leadership, communications (written and verbal), problem solving, critical thinking skills
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off