With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and med-tech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and med-tech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucracy free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Staff Software Engineer position will be based in US (preferably in San Jose, CA), and will be working with the platform architects and software engineering team to design and develop new capabilities of the BrightInsight platform. The BrightInsight platform is a medical IoT, cloud-based platform for the life science industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop new Java/Python based micro-services on BrightInsight Platform.
- Software design and implementation on cloud-based platform
- Understand, design and participate in architecture of services, application gateways, networking, etc.
- Produce clear, concise, and well-written technical design documents.
- Implement services with features like:
- Interaction with other micro-services
- Security of services
- Logging, monitoring
- Integration with other external clouds
- Collaborate with the test team for software verification
- Collaborate with platform architects, systems engineering, and product teams to understand and define user and business needs and convert these into software requirements and architecture and design implementations.
- Leads a team of software engineers from nearshore and offshore partners
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of software solutions
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- 7+ years of experience as software engineer
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/or Python programming.
- 2+ years of experience working in micro-services in cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Github, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. And strong written communication skills in order to be able to write technical documentation at a quality level that can be submitted to Regulatory Authorities
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology
- Some Angular development will be a plus.
- Familiarity with health care industry and data privacy regulations is a plus
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off