With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The VP of HR and People Operations will be an active member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to the CEO and will be responsible for building and executing on the entire people operations strategy for BrightInsight. In this role you will be responsible for building the human capital directives and initiatives from the ground up in a fast-paced start-up environment in hyper-growth mode. This is a unique opportunity for a “go getter” looking to apply previous HR experiences to directly contribute to the growth of a start-up by recruiting, retaining and motivating a competitive group of individuals. In this role, you will leverage your broad range of experience in employee relations, recruiting, compensation and benefits, training and development, and organizational design to build our organization.
ut the Role:
Based in San Jose Ca., the VP of HR and People Operations will have responsibility and oversight of local, national and global HR strategies and practices.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Work with the Executive Team to set the HR strategic direction and translate these strategies into effective organizational plans to ensure employee engagement and retention
- Work with the CEO and other key members of the leadership team to develop an appropriate Total Rewards Program
- Partner with members of the leadership team to advise them on staffing, organizational structure, performance improvement processes, compensation and other people related processes to maximize organizational effectiveness
- Manage the recruiting team; provide guidance and oversight to the Head of Recruiting to develop a recruiting strategy that ensures a constant flow of candidates through every stage of the recruiting pipeline; effectively partner with the leadership team to executive and deliver on these strategies
- Create an effective Performance Management Plan for a hyper-growth start-up that ensures motivation and retention of high performing employees in an extremely competitive talent environment
- Identify a system to manage the Performance Plan that ensures accountability and transparency to employees on the progress of their performance against stated objectives
- Develop the learning and development approach for the organization and identify the appropriate platform to support it
- Ensure that the Talent Management and Career Development approach is reflective of a start-up environment that guarantees retention of the highly coveted employees in an extremely competitive environment for key talent
- Champion and promote an engaged and positive culture
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in HR and no less than 3-5 years in a senior-level HR position
- Proven experience managing core human resources systems including benefits, executive compensation, compensation discussion and analysis reporting, performance management, recruiting, learning & development, and employee engagement
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Discounts at local retailers
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.