With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to ttransform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
As a Technical Product Director, you are responsible for the success of implementation of our customer projects on the BrightInsight Platform. Customer projects include software solutions categorized as medical devices leveraging mobile, web, and web services technologiesrunning on the BrightInsight platform. Our customers are top Pharmaceutical and Medtech companies covering a wide array of therapeutics areas. The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based medical IoT platform for the life sciences industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.You will be the main point of contact with the Customer to define and manage product requirements throughout the development process and work closely with BrightInsight's Engineering, Program Management, Business Development, Legal, Product teams and other internal stakeholders, deliver a finished product to the customer. In addition, you will be the main partner to business development to understand customer requirements and define the most effective method to approach new opportunities globally.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Fast learner
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Coach, lead, and complete efforts in capturing customer needs, structuring projects; defining user journeys and user stories, business and technical requirements, and new product features for highly regulated software medical solutions (mobile, web, and web services)
- Define and document user (patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers) requirements by working collaboratively with our Pharmaceutical and Medical Technology customers
- Translate user requirements/needs into lower level system/software requirements
- Collaborate closely with Software Architects, System Engineers and Designers to define great experiences and scalable solutions
- Act as Product Owner in an Agile medical device software development team
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across all areas of the organization
- Manage multiple clients, operate with tight deadlines, and have the awareness to reset priorities as needed. You are naturally accountable and responsible.
- Be an advocate for BrightInsight’s value propositions and technical capabilities with current and potential customers.
- Strategize with Business Development to win customers by providing product and technical expertise based on the BrightInsight platform as applied to customer use cases
- Make decisions and recommendations backed by data, evidence and good judgment.
- Driven by an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technologies to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 10+ years of leadership in product management and/or software products experience
- 5+ years of applied experience in development, release, and maintenance of software-based medical devices
- 5+ years of working with external or internal customers to define, capture, collaborate, and document product requirement
- Have led and/or managed product teams (product managers, software engineers, designers)
- Experience with regulated technology delivery in the pharma or medical devices industry
- Experience working with FDA design control requirements (21 CFR 820.30) as applied to medical device software and medical device regulations including ISO 13485, ISO 14971, Cybersecurity, IEC 62366, and IEC 62304
- Experience in technical product management, software development or implementation
- Experience with cloud-based software platforms (SaaS or PaaS), such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with human-centered design and Agile development methodologies
- Experience bringing new software products to market
- Strong organizational, leadership, communications (written and verbal), problem solving, critical thinking skills
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.