With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
About the Role:
The Vendor Management Program Manager will be based in San Jose, CA or Remotely, and will be responsible for leading supplier engagement processes for a variety of vendors who support project delivery and execution – with a focus on Engineering. Additionally, you will be a Key stakeholder in the vendor management lifecycle including sourcing, contracting, on-boarding, participating in negotiations, issue management, and off-boarding. You will actively contribute to continuously improving our project management capabilities, including starting, leading and participating in process improvements initiatives.
This is a content-rich Program Management role. All our projects are software development projects which create digital products for our customers building on the pre-made capabilities (micro-services) of the BrightInsight platform.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Provide support to specific areas of the business, especially engineering and project program management, and coordinate all their vendor contractors sourcing activities
- Source Technical Resources from vendors, manage/coordinate resources requests coming from different project teams
- Work with Accounting, Finance and Legal teams to ensure contracts have appropriate terms and conditions, service level agreements, key performance indicators, and escalation processes
- Collaborate with project owners to create an accurate scopes of work for sourcing the right talent from the vendor ; implement supplier management programs to ensure continuous improvement and monitoring
- Proactively manage upcoming procurement actions such as project timelines, contract renewals and negotiations. Monitor and ensure contract renewals are planned and executed well in advance of expiry
- Monitor vendor performance, financial status, SLA/KPI. Drive and facilitate any disputes between business and supplier to resolution
- Plan and conduct regular business reviews with vendor account managers, facilitate regular conversations between the projects stakeholder(s) and vendor operations teams
- Lead the development of preferred supplier programs and work with executives and project owners to transition the business
- Create and manage vendor management policies and procedures. Ensure vendor compliance with Company documented policies and procedures
- Conduct comparative analysis and detailed market research to improve the sourcing strategy
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 5+ years in progressive experience in program management and/or vendor relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, technology or related industry
- Strong negotiation skills in securing specific vendors and key contractual terms & conditions
- Ability to analyze data and effectively communicate interpretations and recommendations
- Tracks purchases, statements of work, monitors vendor quality, and help to maintain a current database of vendor information
- Thrives in a work environment that is fast paced, dynamic and constantly changing
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate with executive leadership and provide updates/status reports or deliver presentations and recommendations
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents such as contracts, terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple sourcing and onboarding projects, and meet necessary deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational, tactical and strategic planning, presentation (verbal, and written) communication skills
- Exposure to regulated software environment is a plus
- Experience in healthcare related industries; digital health experience is a plus
- Experience in a start-up preferred
- As part of geographically distributed delivery team off-hours conference calls are common
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.