Maintenance System Engineer
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies. We are headquartered in San Francisco with an office in London and employees throughout Europe and are rapidly expanding our company to serve our European clients. We are headquartered in San Francisco with an office in London and employees throughout Europe, and are rapidly expanding our company to serve our European clients
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
About the Role:
The Maintenance System Engineer will utilize an interdisciplinary approach, focusing on customer maintenance and support needs and requirements, and work closely with the post-deployment team to document and test various production software solutions ranging from medical mobile apps to medical-grade cloud-based systems. This position also helps maintenance team through verification and validation to arrive at the best possible solution in a compliant, high quality, and timely manner. This position is responsible for aspects related to maintenance, with focus on understanding production code change requirements, project architecture, implementation of upgrades and patches, and product support for digital products running on the BrightInsight platform.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what is required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Analyze the resource requirement and hire and train SRE’s, QA and frontend and backend developers for maintenance or post-production projects.
- Support feature requests and bug fixes design and architect digital software as a medical device solution (mobile, web, and web services) leveraging BrightInsight Platform APIs
- Work directly and closely with BI production customers on maintenance requirements gathering, and keep customers engaged and up to date on development of enhancements, patches, and updates during the maintenance period.
- Responsible for technical requirements, architecture diagrams, and test strategies of the solutions required to maintain or apply patches for production projects
- Responsible for managing the end to end change management process for patches and updates to the post-production projects
- Risk analysis activities, including hazard analysis, FMEA, FTA, and risk-benefit analysis for maintenance and supporting production projects
- Responsible for collecting data for monthly reports for performance monitoring (app and / or web portals), compatibility and usability results for post-production projects from different cross functional teams
- Coordinate and Guide a team to validate compatibility of new versions for OS, devices and browsers.
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- 5+ years of software-based medical device systems experience.
- Maintaining microservices, Angular JAVA, GCP (or other public clouds), Kubernetes experience
- Preferred experience in Mobile App Development for iOS and Android
- Experience providing technical leadership and managing a team that can test fixes and provide maintenance patches and work with SRE deploy them in production
- Experience with handling multiple post-production projects at the same time
- Experience supporting medical device solutions in medical software companies is a plus
- Preferred understanding of ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, IEC 60601, IEC 62366, cybersecurity requirements, and application to software-based medical devices
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulations is a plus
- Experience supporting or building software applications/solutions with cloud-based backend
- Experience with translating user and product requirements to technical requirements
- Some travel to European locations
- As a part of geographically distributed service delivery team off-hours conference calls are common
“BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.”