With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to ttransform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
As a Sr. Manager of Strategy and Operations at BrightInsight, you’ll apply analytical problem-solving techniques to the critical operating processes required to grow our organization. We are at a pivotal point in our journey as we graduate from incubation and focus on scale and growth in order to deliver on our ambitious platform-based customer solutions. You’ll lead and support strategic initiatives impacting the delivery of our products and services while refining best practices for managing daily business operations. You’ll take a holistic perspective across the organization to identify cross-functional dependencies but dive deep in partnership with stakeholders in every area of our business to develop and implement new processes and models that enable the entire organization to scale. To successfully execute, you’ll bring your expertise in systems-level problem solving to every solution we create. A Strategy and Operations role at BrightInsight will be the connecting fabric and catalyst for improvement across the entire BrightInsight organization.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leadership to identify cross-functional gaps and serve as the thought leader to bridge them
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives across BrightInsight spanning areas including: Product Development, Operations, Regulatory, Privacy, Security, Quality, Finance, and HR
- Develop strategies to define and implement new operating models
- Own and manage key operational processes to ensure that BrightInsight can effectively deliver core products and services
- Drive efforts to define and apply best operating practices across the organization
- Support operationalization of new business models and services
What you’ll need (required):
- 5+ years of work experience in business operations, operations strategy, or similar roles
- Expert grasp of applying a structured, analytical problem-solving approach to a diverse set of applications
- Uncanny ability to quickly distill clarity from ambiguity, whether defining a path forward or explaining a new concept
- Masterful data collection and analysis skills using many tools to inform decisions, and the ability to discern the best way to communicate the results to many audiences
- Expertise applying systems-thinking in a variety of applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead through both influence and authority with a variety of stakeholders at all levels (customers, partners, executives, direct reports)
- Cross-functional credibility to lead teams, both technical and business oriented
- Insatiable curiosity and a passion to learn
- Startup experience and attitude (roll up your sleeves)
Additional experience we’d like you to have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering)
- Graduate degree in business (MBA)
- Healthcare experience
- Management consulting or internal consulting experience
- Product development and commercial operations experience
- Familiarity with lean principles, agile software development, and DevOps principles
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.