With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to ttransform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Senior General Ledger (GL) Accountant is a key role at BrightInsight and will work closely with the Sr. Accounting Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to scale up in their accounting or finance career; providing broad experience across financial statement accounts as well as contributing to the creation of processes/systems that will lay the groundwork for our company to grow and scale. A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and have strong communications skills. In addition, this position is responsible for effectively executing policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP.
What you’ll do:
- Preparation and review of journal entries, identifying and resolving errors and exceptions in various areas including cash, AR, prepaids, long-term assets, liabilities, and expenses
- Month end accrual for bonus, accounts payable, expense reports, legal expenses.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for various asset, liability, and expense accounts
- Research and prepare commentary for month-end flux analysis of assigned Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts. This will include working with department heads and identifying reasons for flux.
- Cash application on a daily basis
- Inter-company Journal entries
- Accounts Receivable efforts including invoicing
- Assist in implementing Internal Control procedures
- Assist with various projects and implementations of systems
- Support external audit requests
Who you are:
- 4+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field
- High-tech multi-national or SaaS based industry and Big 4 experience is a plus
- CPA license preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Excellent MS Excel skills; knowledge of Sage Intacct a plus
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.