With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
We are seeking a Sr. GL Accountant, who will be the second internal accounting hire and will work alongside the Accounting Manager to help facilitate the Company’s growth and scaling efforts. This role represents a great opportunity for someone who is interested in progressing their career as they will have high ownership of the accounting function as well as the ability to make decisions about internal processes and policies. In addition, this role will partner with FP&A on analyses and preparation for board meetings, providing a unique experience and insight into the business.
What you get to do in this role:
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for Fixed assets, other assets and other liabilities account, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP
- Perform day to day vendor invoice review for proper department, cost classification and accounting treatment
- Support monthly closing activities by preparing, verifying, and entering accurate journal entries
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of account balances and classifications via account reconciliations. Analyzes changes in balance sheet and income statement accounts and makes recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of various supporting schedules and analyses for internal financial, external financial, tax, audit, and examination processes, including audited financial statement.
- Assist in documenting internal processes/controls as well as identifying actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies.
- Design, refine and optimize assigned accounts monthly close procedures, taking into consideration all necessary dependencies, and execute timely and accurately in global month-end close activities
- Collaborate and serve as a liaison to other departments on accounting matters with cross functional impact, including but not limited to other international team, Facilities, IT, and Data Center
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- Big 4 Experience a plus
- 1-2 years of accounting experience, preferred CPA
- Preference for candidates with working knowledge of Netsuite and/or Sage Intacct
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist;
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.