Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Senior Accountant will be given the responsibility of handling a range of general accounting tasks, but primarily be responsible for accounting work associated with processing NeueHealth client accounting, banking, and financial activities.
The Senior Accountant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Perform shared risk pool accounting every month, including journal entries, for delegated at-risk clients. This includes PCP and IPA performance statement reconciliation.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries related to NeueHealth responsible finance functions and working with each assigned client to prepare monthly financial statements.
- Prepare DMHC finance reports as required, submit files within regulatory deadlines, and assist clients as required during DMHC audits.
- Responsible for monitoring online banking activities including check run validation with fulfillment vendor, cash flow tracking, and stop payments.
- Responsible for reviewing, monitoring, verifying, and reconciling all monies deposited and disbursed for each assigned entity.
- Maintain IBNR (Incurred but not reported) analysis for each assigned client.
- Assist all internal and external auditors including health plans, tax accountants, government agencies, and annual financial auditors.
- Maintain security, confidentiality, and controls on all financial documents including, check stock, check back-up, contracts, and all other relevant financial back-ups.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- 5 (five) years minimum accounting experience, with some experience preferably in healthcare
- Knowledge of GAAP (Required)
- Experience with general ledger functions – i.e., account reconciliations and journal entry creation (Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Products (Required)
- Strong data entry and computer processing skills
- Must be well organized and ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and highly detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- This is a remote position, with a strong preference to a CA based candidate.
- Travel may be required.
For individuals assigned to a location(s) in California, Bright Health is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the range is $72,137.84-$108,206.76 Annually.
Additionally, employees are eligible for health benefits; life and disability benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with match; up to 21 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays per year; and a lifestyle spending account
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.