Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Lead Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. The more senior their level, the more that individual will assist in the continuous improvement of the team's productivity and code quality. Additionally, senior talent plays a key role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
The Lead Software Engineer description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Collaborate directly with teammates to solve business needs and drive solutions to solve key business priorities.
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation, testing, and addressing feedback or bugs.
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Eight (8) or more years of software development experience and/or a reviewable portfolio of work;
- Deep experience building/deploying/maintaining scalable and always available consumer facing products;
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Experience with CRM technologies and the customization of such systems (e.g., Dynamics 365, .Net, C#)
- Experience data modeling for scalability efficiency.
- Seasoned estimation skills — can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature and appropriately break it down (if needed) and size it;
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proven track record of high standards for self, team, company, and ultimately clients
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.).
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.