Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
This role is suited for a detail-oriented individual with a do it yourself attitude and a desire for innovation. This individual will be responsible for various financial reports that are presented to various levels within the organization. Due to our current organizational structure, there will be a high level of accountability, visibility, and opportunity to learn the business at a granular level. It will be imperative to collaborate with business leaders to ensure accurate budget and forecasts.
The role is solely responsible for supporting Bright HealthCare Individual & Family Plan (LOB) operating expense for the sales, actuarial, marketing, individual product, corporate, and market level departments. The environment is very fast paced, and the individual will need to utilize financial acumen to quickly provide strategic insight and recommendations to leaders. Among many of the monthly and quarterly responsibilities; the individual in this position is also responsible for root cause variance analysis, ensuring accounting integrity, FTE reconciliations, project expense tracking, cost allocations, and month/quarter/year-end financial and membership reporting. This individual will also work on developing a standardized template to forecast our legal entities as well as allocation methodologies of operating expenses to the legal entities. There will be other numerous instances which you will need to analyze ambiguous data to solve a problem or provide key insights. This creates many opportunities to develop and own financial processes from start to finish.
The Sr. Financial Analyst job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Develop, perform, and manage, SG&A (Selling, General and Administrative) budget and forecasting processes for sales, actuarial, marketing, individual product, corporate, and market level departments
- Develop and manage departmental FTE model offices, broker commission forecast, and other legal entity forecasts
- Support monthly close process by providing departmental accruals for the IFP, Employer, and Legacy MA LOB
- Ensure direct and allocated SG&A expenses are booked appropriately from a LOB, market, product, account, and department standpoint
- Completing ad hoc deliverables within a tight timeline
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations based on analysis to key stakeholders
- Create financial processes that are adaptable, consistent, repeatable, and scalable
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Four or more years of financial analysis or accounting experience (Required)
- Four or more years of experience in Health Insurance field (Preferred)
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications (Required)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Required)
- One or more years of SQL or SAS code development (Preferred)
- One or more years of VBA experience (Preferred)
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Ability to create adaptable & sustainable financial models based on multiple assumptions
- Self-starter with a high attention to detail
- Ability to understand and convey information in an ambiguous environment
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills working with internal & external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs
- Ability to inspire and lead a team
- Adaptable to change
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.