Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Job Summary: Centrum Health, a part of NeueHealth, a Bright Health Group company is seeking a Physician to provide routine and preventive health care to patients. They treat common ailments, such as colds and the flu, and help manage chronic conditions like diabetes or asthma. Responsible for coordinating a patient’s overall health care by communicating with specialists who provide more advanced treatments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing high-quality healthcare to patients, including listening to and properly diagnosing patients’ medical concerns and ailments
- Conducting initial assessments of patients to learn about their medical history, their health goals, and any potential health risks
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services for acute and chronic conditions
- Ordering lab tests and imaging studies, prescribing medications, and providing other treatment modalities such as physical therapy or massage therapy
- Diagnosing illnesses through physical examinations, medical tests, and analysis of patient histories
- Prescribe medications, treatments, diets, or other care plans to maintain health or alleviate symptoms of disease or injury
- Refer patients to specialists when needed for further diagnosis or treatment
Primary Care Physician Skills
- Lateral thinking: A lateral thinker can recognize patterns in seemingly unrelated situations and come up with solutions to unusual problems.
- Critical thinking skills: A doctor must be able to analyze information, recognize patterns, and come up with solutions that meet his or her patients’ needs.
- Teamwork skills: A doctor must work well with other members of the healthcare team, including nurses, medical assistants, specialists, therapists, and other doctors.
- Patience: A doctor must have patience when working with his or her patients. For example, he or she might need to spend extra time explaining treatment options to a patient who is not familiar with the healthcare system.
- Communication skills: A doctor must be able to clearly communicate instructions and procedures to patients and other members of the healthcare team. He or she should also be able to listen well to his or her patients’ concerns and respond appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks: A doctor must be able to prioritize tasks quickly and accurately so that all patients receive the attention they need at the right time.
Education: All physicians must earn a medical degree from an accredited medical school. Most physicians earn their medical degree after completing a four-year undergraduate program in a science-related field.
Certifications & Licenses: A state license to practice medicine.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.