Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright is seeking a Healthcare Governance Steward IV to join our Data team. This position will work with a wide variety of healthcare data sources and standardize incoming data to our Data Lake. The role will be a critical component to drive and assist in the strategic delivery of Bright Health’s Data Lake. The position requires having both a functional and technical aptitude to be successful. This role will work closely with our business stakeholders, architects, and engineers, for successful delivery.
The Data Governance Steward IV job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Establishes and oversees a data governance implementation framework aligned to business goals. Responsible for the implementation and oversight of data management goals, standards, practices, processes, and technologies.
- Ensures high data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to data policies and standards, principles and processes. Designs, implements, and evaluates key performance measures for monitoring data governance activities within.
- Organizes and streamlines the processes with which data are collected, shared, utilized, protected, cleaned, stored, and shared. Engages with data stewards to understand business objectives, challenges, and areas of opportunity for data governance initiatives.
- Provides alignment between programs and information technology teams to identify gaps, synergies, and suggest process and communication improvements to sharing data.
- Analyses data work flow processes and identifies issues, roadblocks, or areas for effectiveness or efficiency improvement. Develops recommendations to streamline, reduce costs, enhance effectiveness, improve workflows, or improve customer experience outcomes of data release processes. Develops an intake process to manage data governance initiatives.
- Works with data owners and data stewards to develop data quality standards. Develops and implements data standards, ensuring metadata is captured correctly, and creates methods for monitoring and reporting any data incidents.
- Creates and maintains common data dictionaries and methods that support data standards. Works with data stewards to define and establish data quality rules, definitions and strategy consistent with organizational strategies and goals.
- Works with leadership to identify data domains, owners and stewards to assist in the development and delivery of appropriate governance training.
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding data governance processes and initiatives and provides high-level advice and counsel on these subjects to various leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to, actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Public Health, Health Informatics, other relevant discipline is required
- Eight (8) years of experience with healthcare data analysis, requirements, and integration management.
- Eight (8) years of experience with healthcare data models and data lakes
- Five (5) years’ experience with SQL
- Experience with data quality assessment and improvement.
- Experience with creating and implementing data governance processes and plans.
- Knowledge of project management and process improvement principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Knowledge of data architecture, business intelligence, and data analytics.
- Must have strong communication skills; written, verbal and listening.
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Ability to examine organizational infrastructures and make recommendations on improvements.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different stakeholder needs and organizational cultures.
- Ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Solid understanding of SOX, HIPAA, and ITIL compliance
- Experience in working with Data Lake stores.
- Experience with claim adjudication process for facility, professional and pharmacy preferred
- Understanding of financial reconciliation to close stated transactional claims to the remitted provider payment preferred
Most work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.