Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As an Experience Designer, you are a key contributor in the planning and execution of human-centered experiences at Bright Health. You collaborate with your fellow designers, the design enablement team, and the Director of UX Design. You expertly craft digital experiences leveraging extensive knowledge of interaction design, visual design, and/or content design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for the brand, craft, and design fidelity to create innovative end-to-end experiences.
As an Experience Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, forging concepts, and crafting the journey that will take the consumer-facing and or internal facing experiences of the Bright HealthCare insurance plan to the next level.
- Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
- Create journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
- Define information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
- Create look and feel of the interface through color, typeface, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Respect standards but constantly push where new ideas will improve the design, taking care to back your ideas up with qualitative testing and production metrics.
- Work with the product and engineering partners to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Generate design specifications for fonts, color, and layout and deliver graphical assets required to build interfaces across multiple digital platforms.
- Implement the mechanical aspects of a conceptual design for development, testing, and deployment.
- Demonstrate understanding of new technologies and best practices in mobile and web navigation, browsers, information architecture and usability.
The Experience Designer description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Execute on the fine details of experience design across the Bright Health ecosystem, especially in consumer facing responsive web applications.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with team members inside and outside their core product team to efficiently design user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Develop a deep empathy for consumers and medical providers.
- Use insights gained through research to improve our products and deliver innovative new experiences.
- Advocate for end-users in a fast-paced product climate, creating designs that foster a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, product, and engineering.
- Other duties as assigned. As needed.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- 3+ years of design experience with a strong portfolio of designs.
- Three or more years of relevant, on-the-job experience in Product, UI, or UX Design, delivering complex design systems for web and/or mobile applications.
- Extensive experience designing and supporting digital products inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles, methods and problem-solving strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates extensive experience designing digital experiences for web-based applications, not just front-end websites.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently with standard design and workplace applications, including tools such as Figma, prototyping tools (InVision, Figma, Axure, etc.), task management tools (Asana, Trello, JIRA, etc.), documentation tools (Zeplin, Inspect, Confluence, etc.), Adobe CC and Microsoft Office Suite.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office or remote office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.