Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The AVP, Media & Channel Marketing is responsible for managing and optimizing owned, earned, and paid media channels. This leader creates and executes a media roadmap that meets or exceeds company forecasts for growth and customer retention - ensuring we are leveraging the latest technology and data to maximize channel performance and effectiveness. This role owns the holistic paid media strategy, while maintaining a deep understanding of digital and traditional media landscapes. S/he will drive cross-channel media strategy, execution and measurement, including new audience targets, emerging channels, emerging media products and new bidding strategies, etc. to drive effective reach, growth and hit ROI targets. This position manages the media team and is the primary owner of the relationship(s) with media agencies, technology partners and platforms.
The AVP, Media & Channel Marketing job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, execute, and iterate on a performance marketing strategy to drive new customer acquisition through paid media channels in support of business objectives and sales goals. Turn strategy into value through exceptional go to market execution and optimization
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on strategic goal setting, cross-functional business planning and prioritization of opportunities to advance efforts to evolve new ways to go to market, such as partnering with digital storefront teams on .com projects and optimizations
- Develop and manage budget and forecast by channel and by market through ownership of optimization, testing & measurement
- Drive laser focus on brand and performance KPIs; leads media agency and internal media team on day-to-day management and optimization buys for digital and traditional paid media channels
- Manages owned channel execution including email, direct mail, SMS and push notifications. Ensures best practices are leveraged in execution; drives capabilities roadmap and execution for each channel; ensures flawless campaign execution for internal and agency teams; drives list growth initiatives and monitors list health; ensures all channels are compliant with HIIPA and other privacy legislation.
- Manages social media channels including publishing content and leading cross-functional digital reputation management; Partners with customer service to ensure all issues are followed up on in a timely fashion; measures sentiment and reports on platform performance.
- This person will lead Paid Media and Social teams
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 15 years of progressive experience in quantitative marketing disciplines, including at least 10 years in a relevant leadership position
- Experience must include a combination of CRM/Database, Direct Marketing, and Marketing Analysis, and a blend of proven strategic and tactical capabilities
- Loyalty program experience
- Extensive marketing channel experience across paid media performance marketing channels, email, social and direct mail
- Bias towards marketing technical design, leadership & agility.
- P&L accountability and experience with forecasting
- Budget management experience
- Experienced leader with proven ability to achieve business objectives through media. Must have experience leveraging media (paid, owned, earned) to accomplish quantifiable business goals of acquisition, retention and brand awareness laddering up to specific measurable KPI’s.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into actionable recommendations.
- Strong marketing mathematical aptitude and quantitative skills.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices, tools, and methodologies for customer marketing and media channel planning, insights and analytics.
- Active listening skills and ability to synthesize and interpret information and respond appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage and influence.
- Team player and collaborative style to build relationships cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills to build, nurture, and develop a high-performing team.
- Track record of innovative strategic thinking combined with pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution and results delivery; able to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously while meeting deadlines and business objectives.
- Ability to work across functions and within an executive team to catalyze change in a positive, collaborative and transparent way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts and analyses up and down the organization to influence others.
- Attention to detail and polish; trusted to communicate with executives internally and externally.
Most work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required. Hybrid and remote work environments possible.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.