Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
This role will provide oversight over monthly accounting and close processes related to recording IFP product gross margin (premium revenue and claims expenses) and membership in the financial statements. As well as oversight over the monthly estimates, reporting and coordination of payments of VBC (value-based care) arrangements, which has greatly expanded with our 2022 contracts/markets.
The Accounting Manager job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Manage monthly accounting entries and close processes related to gross margin (premiums, claims (excluding pharmacy), variable SG&A) of IFP and small group policies
- Be the Finance team leader in automation of required MLR/shared savings reporting
- Organize and lead efforts to support the financial statements amounts relating to Value-Based Care (VBC) terms and IFP gross margin during audits and financial examinations performed by Departments of Insurance, external audit firms or internal audit function
- Manage execution and/or automation of member attribution and capitation process
- Develop and manage process to track and document contract terms related to payments and or financial reporting requirements, working with various Market departments leads
- Work within the AP process and lead their team in executing on VBC contract terms requiring payment
- Work with BHC Finance and Operations team to track and account for provider overpayments, provider advances and provider litigation settlements
This position has supervisory responsibilities for Accountant and Senior Accountant working on IFP gross margin accounting and VBC accounting.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (Required)
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in health care industry (Preferred)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and Adobe Acrobat (Required)
- One (1) or more years’ experience in Oracle Net Suite general ledger software (Preferred)
- Knowledge of GAAP and/or SAP (Required)
- Four (4) or more years’ experience with financial reporting (Required)
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with financial audits (Preferred)
- Three (3) years supervisory experience (Required)
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with internal and external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs (Required)
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written (Required)
- Takes initiative, is curious, thinks through complications and proactively about tasks.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.