Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Senior Actuarial Consultant will have a lead role in Medicare Advantage Part D forecasting, pricing support, risk management, strategy decisions and block management.
The Actuarial Consultant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items related to Medicare Advantage line of business:
- Work in tandem with the LOB Actuarial Director to support product strategy, product risk management and Bid development
- Support development of forecasting models, projections, and relevant information to inform C-Level business decisions
- Support the team through modeling, market analysis and experience to determine company growth initiatives; conduct research and data analysis
- Lead responsibility for internal Part D modeling
- Support product and line of business strategy working with LOB leadership
- Work with consulting actuaries on Bid development and related experience analysis
- Subject Matter Expert for their respective line of business, supporting strategy and plan design discussions, market positioning and regulatory landscape
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position may have supervisory responsibilities for members of the Actuarial team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree required in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field is required
- 8 or more years of total experience in Actuarial Science are required.
- 3-4 years of experience related to Medicare Part D are required.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries or greater required
- Meets or exceeds continuing educations requirements for SOA and American Academy of Actuaries.
- Understanding of healthcare claims data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with forecasting, modeling, and SQL or SAS
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of healthcare pricing for Medicare Advantage products
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to meet with C-Level leadership on pricing and plan related topics
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associateship or greater in the Society of Actuaries
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required. Position may be performed remotely.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.