Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Our Markets Team is responsible for assuring the success of Bright Health in matrixed partnership with other Bright Health leaders. The Market has responsibility for assuring the Market VP and Market President are successful in the Markets within their assigned territory.
The Market Team provides oversight of and shares accountability with Bright Health’s clinical, quality and growth teams to collectively drive performance in our health plans in each market.
The Market Regional Director has responsibility for collaborating with other Bright Health leaders and will direct their market-based teams to:
- Manage the strategic partnerships with our Care Partners and top network providers;
- Manage the network performance to deliver affordable, high quality health care;
- Assure the growth and vitality of Bright Health’s insurance products across all Lines of Business.
This Regional Market Director impacts Care Partners and key provider awareness, satisfaction, partnership and clinical effectiveness by ensuring we have a successful approach to supporting the development and implementation of Care Partner/Bright Health quality and clinical programs, panel and attribution growth initiatives and advancing Care Partner primary care delivery models. The role collaborates closely with Bright Health’s internal clinical, analytic and growth teams, as well as our Care Partners and top provider practices, while overseeing a team that is the face of in your market.
The Regional Market Director job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Support VP of Market in overseeing and executing Bright’s Health Plan, Care Partner, and Network provider partnership and performance within your assigned territory.
- Develops and ensures execution of a market-wide strategic plan that aligns growth, network, clinical, corporate development, and other market activities taking into account direction and input from Bright Health Plan and other Bright organizational leadership
- Own accountability for driving performance across their market for all Lines of Business in the assigned territory.
- Network partnership:
- Coordinates the local Care Partner and network strategy including network development, provider contracting, engagement, renewal
- Supports the Health Optimization and Market Success teams to implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, care partners, directly contracted physicians, hospitals, and practice managers
- Network performance:
- Work closely with the Care Partners and providers in the Markets on day-to-day basis. Operations across all Lines of Business
- Work closely with VP of Market and Care Partners to Achieve MCR and quality targets
- Participates with other Bright Health teams on new market entry strategies, including product launches and market expansions.
- Network partnership:
- Work closely with the DOI and Bright Health legal team to ensure compliance
- Manage a senior team, helping to develop leaders and achieve objectives across a geographically dispersed team
This position has supervisory responsibility for local Market Managing Directors and other members of the Market team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; MBA is preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in healthcare, ideally inside provider and payer settings, with at least five (5) or more years of experience or knowledge of managed care, network development, or network management.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience managing senior level contributors.
- Local market knowledge of the healthcare payer and/or provider landscape.
- Large project and program management experience.
- Familiarity with Individual, Commercial and Medicare products, including development and execution of growth and distribution initiatives.
- Experience working with clinical, sales, and product teams to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment and comfort with shared accountability:
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with the sales team in executing on high revenue and membership targets,
- Strong collaboration skills to partner closely with other Bright Health leaders to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
- Leadership skills that extend cross-functionally, spanning operations, clinical, provider relations, marketing, distribution and sales in such a way that achieves an exceptional experience for members, clinicians and distribution partners.
- Strong relationship skills within the healthcare provider space
- Results oriented, capable of clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes that drive outcomes.
- Inspirational, respectful and effective team leadership.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.