Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Senior Financial Analyst role within the Corporate Finance team is an enterprise-level role which provides an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and gain understanding of linkages between strategic decisions and financial performance of the company. In addition to routine deliverables, ad hoc analyses and presentations, the role involves collaboration with business partners and provides exposure to different parts of the organization and leaders on the Finance team. This position is responsible for managing Bright Health’s consolidated reporting and conducting ad-hoc analysis, modeling, and reporting on variety of projects and initiatives using a broad range of data sources and tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
This position will be a hands-on subject matter expert in Oracle EPBCS with knowledge of other key Oracle EPM Cloud modules. This position will ensure data is accurate and reconciled across all reporting. This position will also lead Oracle EPBCs training to better utilize the system and system-related reports and collaborate with internal business partners to identify and implement process improvement, automation, and enhancements.
Additional responsibilities require a strong financial background and technical knowledge and experience in system implementation, configuration, integration, and administration. The position will work closely with the finance and accounting team and business partners to provide financial and ad-hoc support as needed.
The Senior Financial Analyst job position is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support Consolidated reporting and forecasting
- Oracle EPBCS/ SmartView Subject Matter Expert
- Create Board and senior management presentations
- Partner with Finance team on routine and ad hoc projects
- Identify opportunities for simplifying and improving Finance processes and drive their execution
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (Required)
- Five years plus of progressive work with finance, accounting, and/or financial systems (Required)
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis leveraging SmartView (Required)
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications; Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Required)
- Understanding of the financial planning and close cycles and related best practices (Required)
- Experience with a mix of accounting, FP&A, and business systems analysis experience supporting financial environments and a good understanding of ERP systems (Preferred)
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Advanced Excel functionality including formula writing, macros and automation.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to get results in an ambiguous environment
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
- Strong collaboration skills working with internal & external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.