Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As a Senior Accountant for Bright Health Group, you will own the preparation of statutory basis quarterly, annual and audited financial statements for 3-5 regulated insurance entities, along with various supplemental financial filings as required by state and federal regulatory bodies. This will include various analytical analysis performed for these companies. This role will also assist with preparation of documentation to support the audits performed by Bright’s external accounting firm. This role will collaborate with other members of the finance and actuarial team, along with other teams within Bright Health and external vendors to improve the accuracy and quality of the financial statements produced for our regulators.
The Accountant job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Prepare high quality quarterly, annual and audited financial statements which comply with and follow statutory accounting principles (SAP), along with applicable state and federal regulations. This also includes preparation of supplemental financial reports as required by applicable state and federal regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the monthly accounting close process to ensure a timely close.
- Assist in providing documentation to support the annual audits performed by Bright’s external auditors.
- Understand both GAAP and SAP and be able to apply these to accurately account for and report on transactions of Bright Health and its subsidiaries.
- Identify areas for improvement in reporting of financial data within the statements and supplements that are prepared by this role. This may include assisting in the design and implementation of new processes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (Required)
- Three to five years’ relevant experience (Preferred)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and Adobe Acrobat (Required)
- Knowledge of GAP and/or SAP (Preferred)
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with internal and external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs (Required)
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written (Required)
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.